chap 8. slow dancing in the dark

I stared out the window as the rain fell, watching the little kids running around in the puddles and singing in the rain

The sound of their laughter filled the air, and I felt a bit of nostalgia wash over me.

It was a rainy day today, and the sky was completely gray and cloudy.

I took a deep breath, feeling the crisp smell of autumn in the air as I enjoyed the sound of the rain tapping on the windows.

I could feel the air change, and I was looking forward to spending a relaxing day at home, enjoying the rain outside my window.

I change into a long sleeve navy blue tight fitting shirt with a lace tank top under and flare jeans with black converse.

"I love the rain, it's getting late so I should go outside now." I mutter to myself and I walk down my stairs and outside of the door.

I shut my front door and run outside, the rain dripping on my face and body, I put my hands up and spin as the rain soaks me slowly.

"Madeline?" I hear a familiar voice say and I swing my head around and see Clapton staring at me smiling.

"Whattt?" I say and I turn to look at him and cross my arms.

"What you doing out here? You're gonna get soaked.." he says and his eyes gaze down at my body, "well you already are..." he mutters.

I shrug, "come on don't be a boring weirdo." I say and I reach my hand out for Clapton to grab my hand and glance down and smile at him.

He takes my hand, "You're so lucky right now Mads. " he says and he spins me around.

I laugh a little and he laughs too.

He gets onto his skateboard and puts me infront of him, he gently puts his hands on my waist as we ride on the side walk.

"Look at cars coming, and there's a big puddle let's go get soaked more than we already are." Clapton says with a big smile.

I nod and grab his hand, we stand infront of the puddle as the car drives by.

The water flies at us, soaking us even more.

"You're soaked! Oh my god look at you!" I tease as I point at him.

"So are you?!" He teases back and we both laugh.

I start to walk and I trip and Clapton quickly wraps his hands around me and helps me up.

He puts one hand on my cheek, "You okay?" He asks his eyes wide and he sounds genuinely concerned.

I stare into his eyes and nod slowly, before glancing down at his lips and back up at his eyes.

My stomach fills with butterflies, the nervous fill my body and my eyes widen.

I watch as he leans closer, his lips almost touching mine, his soft hand on my face felt warm, and comforting but also made me nervous and sick to my stomach at the same time.

As his face moves closer I feel his hot breath.

I feel his warm, soft lips on mine.

My body stiffens as I realize what's happening.

I kiss him back and close my eyes.

He pulls away, his hand still on my cheek, "I-" he says at loss for words and his cheeks a light pink shade.

I look up at him and my cheeks burn with passion and embarrassment.

He puts his hand down, "I- I should go home" he says as he grabs his skateboard and clutches it to his chest.

"I- but-.." I mutter before he's basically disappeared from in front of me.

I stand in shock, the rain falling on my eyelashes and dripping down my face.

"I- that was.. weird.." I mutter to myself before walking to my house.

I hear my dog barking and I shut my front door and lock it.

"Buddy?" I yell for my dog before I walk to my kitchen and see him barking at my back door.

I try and make out what he's barking at but it's too dark, I shrug.

"Stupid squirrels." I mumble before shutting my curtains.

"Stop barking at squirrels." I say as I pet my dog and hurry back upstairs to my room.

I change into my pajamas and sit in my bed, replaying the scene in my head over and over again.

What if I did something differently? What if I didn't see him?

The thoughts race through my brain, like a never ending train, passing and going over and over again.

I put my head on my pillow and close my eyes trying to focus.

"Did.. did he kiss me..?" I mumble, "He kissed me.." I mutter, a slight smile forming on my face.