chap 6. rises the moon

All after school activities have been cancelled to keep students safe, and the town mayor made a curfew for 9pm, no working after then, unless your a first responder

And most importantly, and most annoying, no going out after 9pm.

I glance around my room, bored out of my mind.

I sigh, I look at my fingernails and tap my hands on my legs.

I find my eyes glued onto the clock, watching it tick.. tick.. tick..

My mom isn't home yet because she's a nurse, and my dad is out of town on a work trip.

I glance at my other backpack, the one filled with stuff for trips, like money, water, a spare charger, tazer, and a pocket knife.

I out of my window and notice nobody is out on the street, which means not getting caught.

I grab the bag and sling it over my back, I put the straps on my shoulders.

I open my window and slowly crawl out of it, I dangle off of the roof and slide down.

I walk around the town and notice someone riding a skateboard, they are wearing a black hoodie and black sweatpants, his hood is up covering his face, and he's wearing a red cap.

I walk over to them, "hey you're out too?" I say.

They slip off of their skateboard and it falls out from under their feet and they fall.

I stop the skateboard with my foot, "Maddie?" Clapton says and he stands up.

"Oh it's you." I say and I smile at him.

He smiles at me, "can I try out your skateboard?" I ask and he nods.

I start rolling down a hill, I put my hands out and smile, the wind is blowing my hair, and I feel the cold air on my face and legs.

"Are you seriously skating in a skirt?" Clapton says and he laughs at me.

I stop skating and give him back his skateboard, "atleast I don't do this everytime I go bowling." I say and I copy what he did.

He starts laughing and he hits my arm playfully, "wait.. why are you out after curfew?" He asks and I shrug, "why are you?" I add.

"Yeah you got a point there."  He says and I nod.

An awkward silence comes, "uh so anyways, how is you and Ione?" I ask and just the sound of her name makes him smile softly.

"We actually kind of got into a fight a couple days ago, it was actually right after we went bowling." He says and I look at him confused.

"Why?" I ask and he shrugs, "She was mad because I didn't beat up Billy." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Maybe she should do it herself, I mean I love her but.." I say.

He nods in agreement, "You guys have PDA issues though." I say and he opens his mouth dramatically.

"Oh shut up." He teases and I smile, "make me." I say glaring at him jokingly.

He puts his hand on my mouth and flips me over his shoulder, holding my over his shoulder.

He's carrying me like a firefighter, "put my down!" I say in a whisper shout.

"Make me." He says mocking me.

He puts me down gently and I roll my eyes, "you're such a punk." I say and he crosses his arms.

"And you're a midget." He says and he chuckles to himself, "midget mads." He adds.

"Punk Clapton." I say crossing my arms.

He looks me up and down and shakes his head, "that doesn't even make sense, it's not as good as mine." He says and he bumps my shoulder playfully.

I notice a car coming and I feel him grab me by the waist and pull me behind a car.

"What are you doing?" I ask, as I realize his sitting down and I'm pulled onto his lap.

"Shut up, nobody can see us out, the cops do a patrol every hour." He says and I nod.

"O- oh okay." I say flustered and my cheeks pink.

He lets me go and I stand up, my cheeks are pink.

"Awe are you blushing? What do you have a thing for me?" He says jokingly as he punches my shoulder gently.

"Ew no!" I say and I roll my eyes.

He shrugs, "I should get back to my house though." I add and he nods.

"Okay goodnight mads." Clapton says and he grabs his skateboard and heads inside of his house and I go inside of mine.

I climb back through my window and feel my cheeks pink, I change into my pajamas and shut off my light.