Family Ties Broken

Start from the beginning

"Woah, what's wrong? Chase sounded freaked out on the phone" he said. He put me down.

"My mom is trying to take me" I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She showed up, took us to lunch, acted nice. Only to have her husband show up to take me away because apparently, she doesn't like what she sees" I said. Logan held me tighter. "Logan I'm scared."

"I won't let her hurt you or take you, okay?" Logan said. I nodded. I felt my phone vibrating, I saw it was Chase calling.

"Hey" I answered. I could hear him out of breath.

"Incoming to the beach. They're coming in hot. The rest of us are on our way" Chase said. I hung up.

"They're coming" I said. "Hey if this all turns out bad. I love you. Okay?"

"I love you too. I'm not letting her near you" he said. I saw her coming.

"Chrissy!" my mom yelled. Logan stood in front of me. I told Logan about the abuse my mom had put onto me. "Step aside."

"Absolutely not" Logan said. Before anything else was said my mom's new husband grabbed Logan and pulled him away. My mom grabbed my arms I dug my heels into the sand and let myself fall.

"Okay you want to do this the hard way?" My mom said. She tried to grab my ankles and I kicked her away. She ran forward and kicked me in the stomach. The pain paralyzed me.

"Get off her!" Logan yelled. My mom's husband held him tighter. My mom grabbed my ankles and dragged me across the sand. I was getting cut by shells and rocks. I could see blood in the sand from my arms. I saw Logan being held back. He was fighting as hard as he could to get free. I tried to kick my mom off of my feet. It wasn't working. I was trying to slow her down because I knew Chase was coming. I saw a big rock coming. I didn't know what I was going to do. My mom saw it too so she dragged me harder. The rock was sharp and cut up my arms even worse. There was blood running down my arms. The sand was scraping the cuts making it hurt more. I cried out. I lifted my head so the rock wouldn't hit it. I tried kicking my legs again to get free.

"Stop!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I looked up and saw my dad. He had police with him. The cop pulled my mom away from me. Chase ran over to me. Logan ran over to me. He looked at the blood.

"She's bleeding really bad" Chase said.

"Can I take her to the nurses office?" Logan asked. The cops nodded. Chase stayed to make a statement. Logan picked me up and carried me to the nurse. He opened the door to the office.

"What now Mr. Reese?" The nurse asked barley looking up.

"She's got cuts all over her she needs help" Logan said. The nurse looked up and saw me. She told Logan to put me in a bed. I looked at Logan's shirt, it had blood all over it. He stayed with me the whole time. The nurse cleaned me off. I cried when the alcohol hit the cuts. Logan put his hand on my back. Luckily none of them were bad enough to need stitches. She put a bandage on the bad cuts and wrapped gauze wraps around it. The nurse checked my ribs and stomach. Nothing was broken just bruised. I was given an ice pack and the nurse told me I had to lay down for a while. Once she walked away, I started crying. Logan sat on the side of my bed and held my hands. I couldn't believe what had happened. The police came in and took pictures of my arms and all the cuts on me and a picture of the bruise on my ribs and stomach. Once they had my statement they left. My dad came into the nurse's office. I looked up and saw him. I was hurting so bad both physically and emotionally.