Let's Get Married

Start from the beginning

He thought the excuse would work and placed the record down, feeling his nerves shake slightly in fright about Poppy not buying it. And to his slight dismay, Poppy appeared NOT to buy the excuse; then again, when it came to Branch's well-being, if he didn't look fine, he truly wasn't fine. And no one knew this better than Poppy, who told the anxious male Troll, "It kinda seems like there's something you're not telling me."

Branch tried to play it off, gently scoffing and retorting back, "What? Psssht, don't be silly; no."

Then, Poppy grabbed Branch's hands, gently holding him, as she told him reassuringly, "Hey, hey, I need you to be real with me. It seems like more than a macrame issue. If you're having feelings, you can talk about them with me"

Poppy was more than willing to listen to Branch express his feelings about whatever was on his mind; during the World Tour, Poppy had learned a hard lesson about what it meant to be a good listener, and after the mistakes she made of not listening to her friends, especially her boyfriend, she was ready to turn over a new leaf and wanted to become a better listener. It's done wonders for Poppy and her friendship with other Trolls, and it especially helped strengthen the relationship between her and Branch.

Now, it was time to be a good listener and lend an ear to Branch; she knew he wasn't one to express himself fully, but she felt like if Branch felt safe enough to talk to her, then he could express to her what was really wrong, so then she could help hi however she could.

Branch knew if this too, and he knew that he did have to be real with Poppy; otherwise, holding all of this in was just gonna come out one way or another, and not exactly in a good way.

So, with a heavy heart, he sighed and started to talk, saying at first, "Ok, you're right."

He mentally tried to envision the words that he wanted to say, but he just felt so...unsure of what to say exactly. How was he gonna tell Poppy that he used to be in BroZone? How was he gonna tell her that the members of Brozone were his former brothers? How wa he gonna tell her about that fateful night when they all disbanded and never saw one another again? The assuring look on Poppy' face did not help him, though part of him did respect seeing Poppy wanting to listen and let him confide in her.

He opened his mouth and looked as if he was about to say something...

Let's Get Married (Homemade Extended Version) by Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick, Zooey Deschanel, Anderson Paak, Kenan Thompson, Kunal Nayyar, Icona Pop, Ron Funches, Lauren Mayhew, Megan Hitley, JP Karliak, Vladimir Caamano, Michael-Leon Wooley, Anita Kalathara, Hillary Duff, Bruno Mars, Demi Lovato, Carrie Underwood, Rebel Wilson, Rachel Bloom, Gustavo Dudamel, Kelly Clarkson, Anthony Ramos, George Clinton, & Mary J. Blige

And just before he could say anything, Branch pretended to look down at his wrist as if he was checking the time, despite not wearing a watch, and told Poppy, "Oh, hey, look at the time. We're gonna be late to the royal wedding. Let's go get married," and started to head to the door, gently pulling Poppy with her.

However, Poppy, who had heard what Branch said, quickly called out to her boyfriend, "Branch"!

"What," Branch asked when he turned around, wondering what Poppy wanted to tell him about.

Then, he thought back to what he had just said and realizing how he said, "Let's go get married," and apparently made Poppy think that THEY were gonna be the ones getting married today (though deep down he really wanted to marry Poppy SO BAD!) he nervously smiled and quickly clarified, his cheeks tinted with a teal blush, "I mean, let's get Bridget and Gristle married."