Chapter 33: God Slayer

Start from the beginning

"GAGAMARU DON'T LET UP!" shouts Isagi.

Gagamaru looks up to see the rebound returns to Sae, who got a better shot course. He gets another shot off this time, curving it into the top right and tying up the game. 

"Sae Itoshi scores for U-20, making this game 2-2! With 5 minutes left in the half," Tereasa announces. 

The Blue Lock Eleven looks on in shock as Sae keeps his bored face. "I said don't mess up again. You monkey."

Sendou grits his teeth before responding, "What about you? You missed your first shot as well!"

"Missed?" Sae asks, confused. "I bounced the ball off the post to receive a better position. Aren't you strikers supposed to understand that?"

U-20 returns to defense as Isagi returns the ball to the center. "Hey, Isagi. Got a plan?" Bachira asks.

"I'm thinking. We can't push forward with Sae stopping us, and Aiku is too much of a threat if we leave him in the middle. We need to clear a shot for Rin."

"No. You'll take the shot, Isagi," says (Y/N).

"Huh?"

"We'll use Rin as bait for Sae, while Nagi, Yukimiya, and I will break open the center. Bachira and Chigiri will move the ball up and pass to any one of us three to distract the attention away from you. With that chance, you'll sneak behind the backline and deliver a direct shot. We'll take the lead before the half."

Isagi smirks. "Alright. Let's do this."

"Aye, Captain~" Bachira salutes. 

Isagi initiated the restart, swiftly passing to Bachira as the latter dribbled up the court with finesse. Isagi and Rin maintained a synchronized run, drawing Sae's attention, before breaking off in opposite directions. Bachira expertly passed to Isagi, who deftly tapped the ball to the right side, where Chigiri was making a dynamic run down the court.

Chigiri's agility proved formidable as he darted past most of the defenders, with Aiku emerging to challenge him. Undeterred, Chigiri executed a skillful maneuver, crossing Yukimiya to the left side as Neru shadowed closely. "Not this time," Neru asserted, successfully impeding Yukimiya's progress down the sideline. Yukimiya passed back to Bachira, who encountered Hayate's defensive block. However, with lightning-fast footwork, Bachira executed hyperspeed scissors followed by a roulette, evading Hayate's tackle effortlessly. He swiftly passed to (Y/N), who maneuvered around Niou but collided with him. Undeterred, (Y/N) skillfully kicked the ball up and executed a volley, catching Niou off guard as he utilized his left heel to flick the ball over Niou's head.

"It's all yours, Nagi!" (Y/N) exclaimed, setting up Nagi for an opportunity.

Nagi deftly trapped the ball as Darai and Aiku closed in on him. However, Nagi remained unfazed, passing the ball towards the middle while cleverly impeding Aiku's movement. "I see you, STRIKER," Nagi remarked with a smirk, strategically positioning the ball for Isagi.

With precision, Isagi received the ball and lined up for a shot. His focus was unwavering as he aimed for the top-right corner of the goal.

The ball soared towards the goal, seemingly destined for the net, but just as it approached, Aiku intervened with an incredible header, propelled by Nagi's desperate attempt to hold on.

"W-what! Aiku's height even with Nagi's interference!" Isagi exclaimed in disbelief.

"WHAT A BLOCK BY U-20'S CAPTAIN OLIVER AIKU! IT SEEMS LIKE THE BALL IS GOING TO FALL TO SAE ITOSHI FOR A COUNTER!!!" Tereasa's voice boomed over the stadium speakers.

As the U-20 team surged forward for a counterattack, Isagi sank to his knees in despair. "I couldn't...finish the job."

The ball drew nearer to Sae, who prepared to seize the opportunity. However, in the corner of his eye, he spotted (Y/N) sprinting full speed ahead. Recognizing the impending threat, Sae adjusted his positioning defensively.

(Y/N) assessed the situation, realizing his limited options with Sae blocking his passing lanes. With no winning move in sight, he prepared to kick the ball out of bounds to buy time, feeling defeated. He was too weak.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

At least he was weak. Gritting his teeth, he unleashed his aura, radiating determination. "THIS WAS JUST PERFECT ISAGI!" His aura manifested into a solid line as various recorded strips appeared around him, showcasing remarkable plays from the Blue Lock players.

With a resolute expression, (Y/N) recalled a specific event from the past, channeling its essence. Jumping up with his back to the goal, he executed a stunning recreation of Shidou's Drive Shot, sending the ball between Aiku's legs and into the top-right corner of the goal. Sae looked on in astonishment as (Y/N) collapsed to the ground.

A moment of awe swept through the arena before erupting into wild cheers as (Y/N)'s goal was immortalized on film, side-by-side with Shidou's original Drive Shot. The whistle blew, signaling the end of the first half, as the Blue Lock team rushed to embrace (Y/N) in celebration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the Blue Lock Sideline

"They took the lead!" Anri shouts.

Ego takes a glance at his tablet before looking back at the field. "How interesting...that's unexpected. I was waiting for Yoichi Isagi to initiate Rin Itoshi's awakening...I didn't expect you to reach it first...(Y/N) (L/N)."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Stands

A mysterious man smiles to himself, typing on a tablet. "(Y/N) (L/N). Sei un giocatore interessante. Lo, terrò a mente."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

U-20 Bench

Shidou jumps up with a smirk before clapping his hands. "HAHAHA! I knew you could do it (Y/N)!"

Joey shakes off his shocked face before standing up. "Get ready, you demon. U-20 has no option, but to play us. Sae is worshipped as a God in Japan...But it seems like the Blue Lock XI has a God Slayer." Joey's aura leaks out as he tries to stay calm.

Shidou smirks as aura leaks out as well.