Lydia had impeccable taste in clothing; she was wearing black knee length pencil skirt, with a basic white top underneath a matching jacket. Wearing a pair of stiletto heels. She reached the door of Michael's office, drew a breath whilst she walked steadily over to the office and gave a discreet exhale, she felt a loose strand of hair brush against her cheek and she gracefully caught it with her well manicured finger and put it behind her ear, she arrived at the door and raised her slim gentle hand where she was about to knock when she heard the editor call....

"Come in Lydia!" Said Michael.

Lydia opened the door and walked into the office, she walked over to his desk and sat down. Michael the editor was sitting at his desk his hands crossed, he began to smile at Lydia.

"Thank you for coming to see me, come in and take the weight off." He said.

Lydia confidently walked to the desk and took a seat; she smoothed her skirt sat back and crossed her legs.

"Michael that article, I have almost finished..."

"Oh, it's not about the article Lydia, don't worry about that I know you will hit your deadline. No, no, no it's not that at all."

Michael readjusted his seating position, the phone on his desk started ringing. He looked at the phone and looked at Lydia and picked the phone up.

"Hold all my calls for fifteen minutes, I am in a meeting!"

He put the phone down and put his arms on the table and put his hands together.

"Lydia, I had a meeting with some of the advertisers, and I have made a decision to create a new section in the paper on home and garden. You know décor and gardening, decorating and painting, fashion and design, more for the ladies, I think. I want you to be a part of that supplement Lydia."

Lydia sat up a little slightly unhappy at the proposal that she had just been offered.

"If it's my work Michael, I will try harder much harder, I had some ideas, to bring some better stories to the paper."

"Lydia your work is incredible, your one of the hardest working Journalists that I know, you work longer hours than most and take very little time off. Frankly I felt bad that the last story I gave you, was nothing but a court case, news is changing all the time, I think this opportunity would be good for you, you can get away for a while."

Lydia thought for a moment, it was not all the long hours she did, but thinking that Michael had a bit of a cheek making that remark about not taking time off. She was never able to take time off when she wanted it, she was always needed somewhere to do something for the paper.

Lydia felt a sense of disappointment at what she was just asked to do, to be put in a supplement away from the main paper, felt like she was being shunned, no matter how Michael put it, she felt like a rejection.

Michael sat back in his chair he placed his elbows on the arms and brought his hands up together and clasped them.

"As you have hardly had any time off, I have a story I want you to cover. He opened his drawer and brought out a file, he passed it to Lydia. She gently took the file from Michael and opened it.

"A village in Bulgaria has been purchased by an Englishman, and has hit the storylines in Europe, for its amazing growth in a short term, it is about to start its own industry and its proving that it's going to be very successful. It's gone from a ghost town to a popular destination for expats, to possibly go and live maybe work over there, I want you to go over and cover a story on it."

"Me? But where is Bulgaria anyway? I don't think I might be the right person for the job Michael. I am sure there are many other journalists here suited to the role more than me. I can happily stick to the court cases, till something better comes along." Replied Lydia.