𝟏𝟎 ⋆ ★ The Stage Twins

Start from the beginning

However, you noticed that two characters stood out, as all the other performers on stage were also mannequins, like the audience. Two of the performers seemed to have their own, distinct bodies like you and the rest of the digital circus crew. Your eyes remained on them as they swung around and continuously grappled to each others hands, launching the other into the air and doing almost impossible stunts in mid air.

"Wow, they're good..." Pomni muttered, "they're doing much harder stunts than what I have to do on the tight-rope..."

"Well, they have been doing this for ages," Kinger spoke up while petting his plush, "I wonder if they ever get tired of it all?"

"How do you know?" Jax glared at Kinger suspiciously. "Just relax and enjoy the show you guys," Ragatha sighed, rolling her eyes. You watched with growing excitement as the two characters that were different from the mannikins performed with all their crazy tricks and cues and the background only made the chaotic energy of the show more intense. It was almost the same feeling you felt while watching Gangle, Zooble, Kinger, Ragatha, Jax, and Pomni.

Eventually, the trapeze act came to an end, but instead of descending down with the help of a harness, the two strange characters both dropped
from the air and landed on the ground perfectly, instantly giving a bow while the crowd cheered.

After they bowed, they both posed and smiled at the crowd, "Welcome to our wonderful show at the Amazing Digital Carnival!"

The purple haired character whose head seemed to be detached from their body and had a very elongated grin threw their hands out at their sides and exclaimed, "I'm Trix!"

The other character, a very colorful figure with the body of a skeleton and a strange two sided mask with a interchanging face copied the actions of the other and shouted "I'm Trap!"

The two them both announced as one, "Together we are...The Stage Twins!"

The NPCs once again cheered and shouted. You turned to Ragatha and whispered, "How come there are other real characters here but Caine never mentioned them, nor have I seen them at The Tent?"

Ragatha responded, "Oh, well, The Stage Twins are just what their names states! Caine left them here at The Digital Carnival to keep the NPCs here entertained. They've been here for a while, they showed up in this world a bit after I came."

"So that's what those guys are?" Jax scoffed, "at least I could say they weren't spawned in as an unidentifiable mess like Zooble."

"Your insecurity is showing," Zooble growled, eyeing Jax darkly.

Trix and Trap neared the front of the stage and looked into the crowd eagerly while music began to play again in the background. Trix reached up and grabbed their own head that was already hovering off of their body and began to toss it around in their hands while laughing which caused the NPC crowd to gasp in awe. Trap had begun doing cartwheels around around Trix, which caused the crowd to cheer and clap, that is until Trap cartwheeled right into Trix and knocked their head out of their hands, sending it flying away. This caused to crowd to burst out in laughter while the now headless Trix and Trap broke out into a staged bickering with each other.

Jax seemed to be getting annoyed having to watch at the sidelines, "Remind why we're here watching this again? We're the main stars of this place right? We could easily outdo them without putting much thought into it."