Chapter 1: Blood and Tears

You fall to your knees, shaking.

"No", you whispered, tears flowing out of your eyes at the sight in front of you. "No..."

He stood beside you, hands in pocket and staring at the scene as if nothing was wrong. As if he hadn't just taken everything and everyone away from you. As if he hadn't just betrayed you.

He stood unflinching and expressionless.

You, however, didn't know how to deal with all this. Didn't know how to deal with the glimpse of bodies in front of you. Bodies of your dear family burned to ashes with only a smidgen of bones left. And it was all done by 'him'. He who you thought loved you. He who you thought you loved. Alas, it was nothing but fake. Everything was fake, from the beginning. Your family, your friends, him...

"You deceived me...", you say, eyes now on him, your tearstained face tilted up from where you sit. It has not come yet, the anger, but you knew it will soon. And when it does, you will be unstoppable. 

Demetrius Desmond sighed, a soft sound, almost like the breeze, but you were too broken to care. Too heartbroken by everything that has happened today.

"You were meant to deceive me too, you know.", he says, face frowning. You couldn't read his expression, but you did notice his hands, which were shaking much like how you were earlier. 'Ah, so he is scared. He knows I will not let him get away with this..'

"But I didn't", you say, turning away from him. Your eyes searched for weapons, knives, rocks. Just anything sharp. Something that will permit his demise. You needed to find something quick and attack in a way he doesn't expect. You weren't an expert at knives or guns. In fact, you have never even touched a gun before, let alone the sharp knife things Yor uses. But just a few hours ago, when everything was chaos, when they were all still alive, you had watched in astonishment as both Yor and Loid fought off the hundreds of armies unleashed upon Ostania. No one knew where the armies were from, but most suspected it's Westalis declaring war on Ostania.

You don't believe it.

It didn't matter though. Not anymore.

Now, Loid and Yor and Anya are gone, along with Bond. Anya and Bond, who were so brave and worried that they headed straight into battle with Yor and Loid. Anya, who looked at you with eyes brimming with bravery, and told you in a comforting manner to stay behind, that everything is going to be okay. She spoke as if she were the older sibling, although she was younger than you. Yor and Loid, who promised to explain everything once they are done.

They are all gone, your precious family. And it was just you right now, with the monster of a human right next to you.

As you were thinking, you saw a golden shine under the ruins near you. It was Yor's weapon! Just then, you heard Demetrius turn so that now his back is facing yours. Perfect.

"No, you didn't.", he says softly, responding to what you said earlier. He then started to turn around as he continued. "Y/N, I-"

Before he could finish, you had already entered the sharp knife-like weapon into his stomach. He looked at you, surprised at first, then horrified as he saw blood pool out of his body. You pulled the weapon out of him with a fierce expression, letting more blood gush out, and then stabbed him again, the blood spattering on your face in tiny dots as you did so.

He didn't cry out, to your surprise, only grunting as he fell to his knees. It was almost as if he hadn't felt the pain of being stabbed, but you knew better. He was simply keeping himself from crying out to try to stop the blood flow.