1: I've come to save you

~~~~~~~~

'It's only illegal if I get caught.'

~~~~~~~~

-Main Character's POV-

I messed up.

The birds outside my window are laughing at me. Or maybe it's my own insanity that is personifying the innocent birds. Or maybe the insane laugh comes from my mouth.

After a few heartbeats, I realise it's the sound that is coming from my computer. The guy who hacked my device has put the laughing sound on repeat and I have no choice but to listen. I could simply throw out the computer but somehow I managed to track the guy's location. He could easily undo it but the fact that he didn't tells me that he wants me to know how far away he is.

I stare at the message he last sent me.

I searched for you for a long time. I'm coming to get you. Dress nice for me, okay?

At the mention of dress, I look at my clothes. A black hoodie with jeans. I haven't changed them in a week. My hair haven't touched water for two weeks. Maybe I could use a shower before he comes.

At this moment, I cannot help but to hate Jake. He was the motivation for me to enter such a dark world of hacking. Initially, I though he was afraid of being close to me, afraid of there existing a us. But the closer I try to get to him, the more I understand that he doesn't want to be found. He betrayed me, eventually I realised that.

If the FBI couldn't find Jake. There was no light for me either. But I had hope. Earlier, hope was light for me- the sort of bright light that makes you thank God for giving you vision but now I deeply wish he hadn't. Because now, hope for me carries nothing but darkness. But in the that light, I learned the basics and talked to a lot people which has now proven to be the worst mistake I made.

It appears that Jake not only had enimies in the society but also on the dark Web. People are after him everywhere. The reason is still unknown to me. And it shall remain unknown since the guy who is after Jake is now coming to get me since I foolishly gave the hint of having a connection with Jake.

Maybe if I dress nice- like he asked- he will show a little leniency.

I take a last glance at his location. He is now standing near the convenience store. Maybe buying something. In twenty to twenty five minutes, he will be here. Enough time for me to bathe.

I force myself to stand and take some clean clothes out of my closet. I enter the bathroom and sit under the cold shower.

Maybe he thinks that if he gets a hold of me, he'll get nearer to finding Jake- or Nymos, the name he recognises as Jake. I still have no clue why Jake would be in such tremendous amount of danger and trouble. I wonder if he even gets time to breathe with all these men after him. But again, he did get a considerable time to talk to me and work on Hannah's case. That means, he could have known. He must have known what I was doing.

He is quite the celebrity on the dark Web in all wrong ways but at least that tells that he is brilliant at his work. He definitely knows I was searching for him. He must be relieved knowing he'll get rid of me soon.

I considered running away. But where? For how long? For whom?

I am done.

I turn off the stream of water. I try to see my reflection in the mirror but it is too dirty to reflect anything. I give up and change into cleaner clothes. As my hand hovers over the knob of the door, I hear something.