9. No pep talk?

Começar do início

"Wow, that's very wise old man" She sends a grin to the metal-armed man in front of her

He chuckles "What about you, what's your favorite color?"

"Blue, like your favorite color, also seems like a home to me. It might be just a color but it reminds me of things like the ocean, the sky, it's calming. Peaceful." Alex copies Bucky's wise words. 

Remembering their conversation from one of the times they would hang out. Alexia immediately lists down green. Which happens to be the only thing she can think of at the moment.

One thing comes to mind, Bucky loves reading...

"Books!" she exclaims now running to her room to grab her laptop to immediately find Bucky the perfect book. After endless hours of scrolling, typing, and searching through the entire internet, She found the perfect book.

"Ghosted?" she says, intrigued. "Farmer Cole Turner meets Sadie Rhodes at a market, they go on about plants, having a little banter. Till they decided to just go on dates. They spend time together, Cole talking about how scary 'The Exorcist' is and Sadie saying she isn't scared of anything. After one of their many dates, they then choose to be brave, and spend one more time together, in bed... The morning after, Sadie ghosts him. Or so he thought..." 

A L E X I A

Reading the overview made me a tad bit skeptical about whether if Bucky will like this or not. Not till I read the genre. Action-Romcom-Adventure. He did mention he likes action and comedy. Maybe he'll like this too? That's a man-sized maybe though.

While trying to settle on a decision I decided to buy a few things for while reading like bookmarks, tabs, and maybe a book light? I did hear him say he has a hard time reading at night due to the lack of light. I would recommend him Wattpad though it might scare him off with the amount of Bucky Barnes fanfictions. Some of it's pretty weird... I DID NOT READ ONE OK! Don't ask why I know that..........

I get dressed to get ready to go to the market. I grab my keys and stride out of my apartment, to the elevator. 

✪✪✪

I get to my favorite bookstore slash library. I look around, it'd be fun to run one of these someday. I go to the action-comedy genre shelf and look for the letter G., I love the fact that it's in alphabetical order. I cross over G-C, G-F, and one more letter comes letter H. I roam my eyes around that part of the shelf looking for the book. 

'Ghosted' I spot the book and grab it getting ready to go to the cashier but not before looking for other things. The reason why I love this bookstore is that it also has an art shop! which is perfect for me to buy a box and tissue paper. The one for gifts not the one for the bathroom! On my path to the art shop, I cross over some bookmarks, some tabs, and a book lamp. Every book worms dream. Or in that case, MY dream. I grab a bookmark in the form of a long ghost, and two book lights, one for me and one for him since sadly mine broke (from crushing over how hot and possessive that one character is). I also grab a few neutral-colored tabs, which I'll probably explain to him how to use it. I collect all those and place them into my basket. I get to the art shop and grab what I need which is a box to store all the gifts, and a paper tissue for the packaging, ribbons, and a card. Call me weird but.. this is my favorite part of gifting!

✪✪✪

I have finished wrapping my birthday gift for Bucky and I decide to text him. 

Alex:

Hey buck! Do you wanna hang out again, when are you free? Call me!

I put down my phone and glance at the clock that reads 4 in the afternoon. Seeing as that it's almost dinner I decide to cook while waiting for his reply.

B U C K Y

As I rest on the counter of the kitchen of the tower for 'the earth's mightiest heroes' I hear a blaring of an alarm I know all too well, Code M. 'Code Mission'. I release a heavy sigh of exhaustion. I make my way down to the briefing room, Leaving my untouched donuts. Using the stairs for a faster way to my destination, I walk to the room, hearing muffled voices of discussion. I open the door to see Steve, Tony, Bruce, Clint, Wanda, Vision, and Pigeon, which is Wilson, all sitting in their chairs listening to the briefing. "Buck" Steve acknowledges my presence, I nod to him, sitting down on the chair I claimed mine a few mission briefings ago. "So now that we're complete" he cleared his throat and began to speak. "Today, there has been another report from FRIDAY about the assassin that's been lurking around the tower. "Those damn assassins" Tony snickered "We got a lead, and it's a big one" Steve continues completely ignoring Tony's comments "According to FRIDAY, the assassin has been found bombing one of Stark's facilities"

"Anyone got hurt?" Clint asked "Good thing no one was there at the moment" Steve replied

"Why would someone bomb a facility with no one there?" Bruce questioned

"Probably to get our attention" Tony speaks "And we'll give her what we want"

"Wait a minute, how did you know she was a she?" Tony raised his brows "FRIDAY" Steve shrugged "And how exactly are we gonna give her what we want? We don't even know where she is" Tony adds

"This" The screen of the meeting room lit up to show the message. "Coordinates? Where's that" Wanda asked "It's one of the forests close to other place" Tony referred to the Compound

"And how do we know it's not a trap?" Sam speaks

"Redwing" Steve smirked knowing how Sam is protective of - in his own words 'trusty sidekick'

Sam snickers "Listen man if this is revenge for the time I flew over your tacos making it fall, I'll just buy you another one" 

"It's not" Steve shakes his head with a smug smile "Redwing is gonna be really helpful now that its been updated Sam, it can detect bombs in 5 seconds" Sam shakes his head

"C'mon Sam I'll just make you another one!" He said and everyone in the room chuckles

"Really Grandpa?" Tony comments "Ok fine, Tony will" 

"Fine! But you owe me man" Now it's Steve's turn to shake his head

"So let's get back on track!" 

"We'll get to the Compound using the quinjet, we need a silent landing so Tony, you make sure that where we're landing in the Compound is discreet. Wanda, we'll need your telepathy for this one so stay beside me. Sam, you'll be in charge of Redwing. Clint go with Sam we need a discreet weapon like yours. Vision you round the perimeter in search of other potential threats. And Bruce look out for code green, not that we'll have to but just in case. Also, prepare for medical emergencies. Bucky, stay with me and Wanda. The more of us the better, faster, and easier. Suit up, we'll leave in 30 minutes"

"No pep talk cap?"  Tony chuckles giving one of his annoying comments while Steve shows his scrunched face. 

"Whatever Tony"

A/N

SURPRISEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! I decided to post today, creds to my friend - @spamfrom_nico for telling me to post it LOL

As I said in my announcements, I was gonna pile up on chapters and start posting them every week at the end of this month, so watch out for December 25/31 I guess... Also, I updated the author's note guys!! So please kindly read it again, don't worry though it's not long! To everyone who's been reading this fic before December 1, 2023, forget everything that was said in the author's note before I updated it THANK YOU!! And to everyone who's reading this fic after today December 1, 2023, you don't need to read it again!!

Anyone noticed the reference to Bruce and Tony in AOU? No?... K. Also the book "Ghosted" was a movie with Chris Evans and Ana De Armas LOL. P.S I just made that book up so forgive me if the overview is shit :)))

Also thank you for voting guys!! I just wanted to say that please leave a comment and vote, it really motivates me to continue writing another chapter so again, THANK YOU to everyone who's voting!!