𝚟𝚒

in lieu (phr.):

-"instead of"

politesse (n.):

-formal politeness

promulgate (v.):

-to make (an idea, belief, etc.) known to many people by open declaration

visage (n.):

-the face, countenance, or appearance of a person or sometimes an animal

— ⚜ — ⚜ — ⚜ —

TRAINING WHEELS

Melanie Martinez

00:00 -|--------------------------------------- 03:25

⏮ ▶ ⏭

— ⚜ — ⚜ — ⚜ —

Taehyung was suddenly pulled in a dark room, his still bright blue eyes looked around, trying to figure out where on Earth he was. Maybe he wasn't on the surface, maybe he's inside, sucked up by the earth — his mind whispered traitorously. Just as he was about to kneel down on the floor and pray to Gaea, Mother Earth herself, a voice presented itself from where it was.

"Taehyung!" Ji Hye beamed.

Dear Zeus, the young prince mentally face-palmed himself. He just came out from the dining room, about to go to the garden when a certain someone chose to ruin his last night for the season of fall. He was solemnly considering the consequences if he were to slap the living daylights out of the female guest — yes, he was that furious at her. Sighing, he pushed his unkempt hair back with his right hand, clutching the blue strands tightly, afraid to do something nowhere near politesse.

"Care to share the reason for your abruptness, Miss Kang?" the blue haired haired asked, uninterested in whatever that was going to leave her lips.

"Have your father informed you of the invitations?" she bit her bottom lip, her diminutive hands clenching and unclenching on the side of her tunic dress.

"Yes, his majesty has told me of the letters he sent," the male coldly stated, putting a heavy emphasis his father's title, "Including the guests I ought to welcome, as they are expected."

"Have they also told you of their big promulgation?" the black haired girl clapped her hands in excitement.

"What promulgation?" the other asked, already irritated at not being notified of something as significant as a big announcement.

"The one that announces our wedding!" Ji Hye replied, smiling, "I believe your parents are certain that they are able to ensure it happens a week after your coronation."

He felt his whole world just stopped. Forming his gloved hands into fists, the prince closed his eyes and tried to calm himself down. When his lids fluttered open, his eyes were of a dark blue color — almost a royal blue hue. Fuming from the information he just received, his mouth opened to say something, probably curse, when another voice beat him to it.

"Ji Hye, sweetheart?" it was the crowned queen, knocking on the door, the sound echoing in the barely lit room.

"Yes, your highness?" the black haired female answered, the corner of her eyes crinkling in joy.

"Seung-jae forgot mention, dear, that our son must not be aware of it. Telling him would prevent the wedding from happening, and it'd be a waste if all our efforts were for naught."

Hearing this, the female guest covered her mouth as she let out a gasp, eyes looking intently at the young prince who reeked of a dark bluish indigo smoke. Taehyung saw red, dragging the atmosphere down with his fury, preventing Ji Hye from breathing properly. Not hearing a response from their special guest, the queen pushed the door open with great effort, shocked to see his own son inside.