**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ The Dance Hall ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Start from the beginning

The night went on and they talked more and danced, suddenly alastor had to leave. He left without giving her anyway to communicate with him. Shame, She was really into him. But before he left he kissed her on the hand, he wouldnt just simply leave a woman stranded like that. That wouldnt be very gentleman-like of him. He gave her butterflies. She wanted to see him again, she needed to. But how? The place began to close and so she made her way backstage to where the other flappers were. Her feet hurting from her heels and the tight dress begining to itch at her skin. She was tired, maybe she would take the weekend off? Nah, she needed the money. "Hello Y/N!" Some of the girls and Mimzy said, she smiled back and greeted them as she went to one of the benches to grab her bag. It was nice out this night so she hadnt brought a coat, no need for it. She was the first one to leave the speakeasy and walk of into the dark night. Of course she had heard of the murders going around town, of course she was scared, but she just wanted to go home. So she walked quickly through the sidewalk. It was awfully quiet that night, too quiet. Of course her thoughts had to jinx it, she heard a blood curdling scream come from behind her, possibly from the alleywall. Oh shit... it was probably the murderer! She froze in her tracks, removing her heels incase she had to run, bt thats all her body managed to do. She couldnt move her feet to run away from the screams, suddenly they stopped. The stabbing stopped. The flesh ripping stopped, and then a tall man stepped out with a knife in hand, Blood dripping down from his arm and down the knife. A single drop slipping from the steel and landing on the rough pavement. Y/N couldn't make out the mans face, he ran away. Her eyes widened in fear as she held her fur boa tightly. What. The. Fuck.

She made it home, out of breath. She had ran all the way there out of fear of the murderer suddenly changing motives and following her to kill her. Luckily she had locked all the doors and was safley inside. She changed into pajamas and turned on the radio, "Breaking news folks! This just in, the fuzz found a body in a dark alley way near the Speakeasy on 44th street!" The man said enthusiatically, how could he sound like that? She thought in shock as she had been a first-hand witness to it. Maybe he was getting paid to say it like that? And how could have the cops found the body so fast? They must have heard the screams. "Rest in peace to those who have lost their lives to this vicious serial killer. And remember, keep your doors locked, just like duck soup, huh?" He laughed. (Duck soup. An easily accomplished task or assignment, a cinch to succeed, as in Fixing this car is going to be duck soup. - Definition from Google). "This has been your host, Alastor." He finished the last line with a rasp in his voice and it cut out. Alastor... Like the Alastor she had met that night? How could she not recognize his voice as the most popular radio host in New Orleans? She sighed and shut out the lamp on her nightstand beside her bed. Drifting under her covers and shutting her eyelids swiftly. Immedietly falling asleep.

Waking up bright and early to the yellow burning star, shining through her windows. she squinted and rubbed her eyes slowly. She groaned and groggily got up from her soft, plushy bed. lifting off her sleeping mask and searching for her slippers with her feet. Finally finding them, she slipped into them and slouched over, standing up. She stretched and yawne, her back cracking as she lifted her arms up above her head. A sudden ringing came from downstairs, she made her way down the carpeted steps and to the kitchen where the phone connected to the wall buzzed. A wire making it imposibble for her to walk around the house with it. She clicked it off and put it up to her ear, "hello?" she said in her most awake voice she could produce. "Goodmorning Y/N!" Her cheerful brother said on the other side of the phone. She instantly smiled, her face lighting up and her posture straightening out. "Goodmorning Luis! What has you calling me this early in the morning?" She questioned and leaned against the wall. "Oh, well, I wanted to invite you to an event with me! It is strictly for radio hosts and that jazz only... but I can bring a plus one! As my sister, and only sister, would you like to accompany me?" He said cheerfully. Oh shoot, he worked at the same radio station with Alastor, didnt he? She shook that off, maybe they way Alastor unervingly said the news over the radio was just her head. She told herself it was really nothing. She smiled, "Of course Luis, what hour is this event taking place and where?" She questioned as she peeked at the large opened window at the front of her house that she didnt remember opening this morning. "The grand banquet hall across the street of benny's butchery at 7pm." He responded. "Sounds good, see you then brother!" She then said and hung up. What would she wear? That place was very fancy, she should probably start looking in her closet for something to wear...

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩

2251 words! This is just the start so please dont leave! I have a good story planned out and I hope you stay around to read the rest of it when the parts come out. I will try to update as soon as possible. Love you all! <3