𝟸𝟷| 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

"Oh, most certainly." You nodded, forcing a serious expression.

Suddenly, the doorbell sounded from downstairs and Sidney's father, Mr. Prescott, called out for the both of you, "Girls! Your date is here!"

You and Sidney shared a look before breaking out into a fit of giggles. Even her father saw it as a throuple.

Laughing, getting ready together like this... you couldn't help but think of Tatum. She had been fantasizing about the prom since sophomore year. She would've loved this.

A sharp pain struck your heart at the thought, but you swiftly smiled to mask your grief. "Come on. Let's not keep our date waiting." You told Sid before gliding out of the room.

As you descended the staircase with Sidney following close behind, you spotted Randy waiting by the front door with Mr. Prescott.

Your eyes widened slightly as you took in Randy's suit. You didn't think he had it in him, but he looked pretty damn good. There's no way Sidney didn't think so too.

Randy's gaze briefly raked past you and onto Sid as he stared at her in awe. You rolled your eyes, hand latching to the railing as you reached the last step.

"Wow, Sid... you look great." Randy voiced as he stepped forward.

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself," She gave an amused smile, gently swiping her knuckles under his chin. "I like the facial hair. Very sexy."

You looked over at Mr. Prescott, forcing back a smile as he raised a pointed brow at his daughter.

"Oh hey, Orth." Randy finally spared you a glance, scanning your figure once. "You look good, too."

"You know just how to make a girl blush, Meeks." Playful sarcasm laced your tone, drawing laughter from Sidney and her father.

"You girls look absolutely stunning," Mr. Prescott said, placing a hand on Randy's shoulder. "Now, don't go anywhere. I need to get my camera."

"Dad!" Sidney whined, feeling a little embarrassed.

"It'll only take a second!" He chimed while rounding the corner.

You maneuvered away from the stairwell, reaching into the top of your dress to act as if you were adjusting it before secretly pulling something out.

While Sidney was distracted by her father, you grabbed Randy's hand and pulled him with you. His brows furrowed in confusion as he stared down at what you placed in his hand.

A pack of breath mints.

"What's this for?" He asked in a whisper.

"In case you get lucky tonight," You whispered back, wiggling your brows mischievously.

Randy looked taken aback for a second as if he were seeing you in a whole new light. That's when you realized what he was thinking.

"Not with me, you goon!" You exclaimed before pointing at Sid and lowering your voice. "With her."

"Ohh, that makes more sense." He nodded, closing his fist around the mints. "But why are they warm?"