Part 2: The Start Of A New Partnership

W.O.U: My Name is Satoru Akefu, but you can call me Wonder Of U, your Stand and the Flow of Calamity!

Izuku was baffled and confused at the same time at this old man's introduction.

Izuku: Wonder Of U? Stand?!? What are you talking about?!?!

W.O.U chuckles slightly at Izuku's reaction, which was something he mildly expected.

W.O.U: Come, we have much to talk about.

The Old Stand would walk over to the roof railing and overlook the sun setting down across the horizon. Izuku would snap out of his confused state and walk over to Akefu, looking at the setting sun with a calm smile before turning towards Akefu.

Izuku: So, what is a Stand exactly?

W.O.U: A Stand is the physical embodiment of a person's spiritual essence or soul for short.

Izuku: So, you're like a ghost?

The Stand would chuckle slightly at that comparison.

W.O.U: You could say something like that.

Izuku would be in disbelief, but wouldn't voice his opinion on it and only remain silent to allow the Stand to continue.

W.O.U: Normally, Stands cannot be seen by others unless they have a Stand themselves, but I fall into a special category of Stands where I'm visible to everyone, Stand User or not. Which is perfect for my ability.

Izuku: Ability?

W.O.U: Yes. Every Stand has a specific ability that makes them all different along with their appearance. From Fire Control to Time Manipulation, the ability of a Stand is always different for its User.

Izuku was amazed by this explanation. He never knew that the soul could ever become something this powerful and be used as an ability. However, his curiosity peaked as he wondered what Wonder Of U's unique ability was.

Izuku: Wait? Then, what is your Stand Ability?

Akefu would smile mischievously and look at Izuku, making the boy shift slightly as if he asked a question he shouldn't have asked.

W.O.U: Like I said before, I am The Flow Of Calamity, my ability allows me to control the lines of fate through the use of Calamity.

Izuku was surprised to hear this from the old man in front of him. Not only did he say he could manipulate fate, but he can manipulate it by controlling calamity.

Izuku: Wait? You can control fate ITSELF?!?!

Wonder Of U would chuckle slightly before nodding in conformation.

W.O.U: Indeed Izuku. If anyone decides to pursue you or me, they will be struck by the laws of calamity. Which means, if someone thought about coming after you with the intent of harming you in any way, my ability would activate and they would experience an endless wave of misfortune that can only end if they stop pursuing us, we pursue them, or they die.

Izuku was beyond speechless. He's never heard of an ability as powerful as this in his entire life. However, Midoriya was curious on how Wonder Of U's ability worked first hand, so he looked towards the old man and asked.

Izuku: Wonder Of U, do you mind showing me how your control over Calamity works?

The old Stand would smile slightly and nod before motioning Izuku to follow him. Izuku would follow the old man and come across an event that shook him to the core. Bakugo was captured by a giant sludge villain and Heroes were doing nothing to help him. At one point, Izuku felt nice knowing his bully was getting the punishment he deserved, however, the other half of him didn't want Bakugo to die like this or at all. So, the green-haired boy turned towards his Stand and was gonna say something until the old man beat him to it.

W.O.U: I know you want to save him, and we will, but do you think this'll change his perspective on you whatsoever?

Izuku was silent for a few moments before steeling his resolve and shaking his head.

Izuku: Probably not, but, as a person who desires to become a Hero, I can't let someone who is need of help die knowing I could've done something to save them!

Akefu would chuckle at his User's heroic resolve and nod his head approvingly.

W.O.U: Very well. Let's go save this boy, shall we?

Izuku would smile and nod before rushing through the crowd and hopping over the barricade and moving past the Heroes that tried to stop him, a confident look in his eyes as he stared down the sludge villain and his former best friend.

Izuku's Thoughts: Don't worry Bakugo, I promise I won't let you die, no matter what!

To Be Continued....