"Also," Mai said, "why did I find a Pathfinder on you when I searched you?"

"Oh, you took that, did you?" Savi asked. "Careful with that. It's my Universe teacher's."

"Sir Astin's?" Mai asked, looking even more horrified than before.

"Yes."

"But... he's a teacher!"

"A pretty blind one at that. But it turned out, he doesn't have many useful locations. I did find out where he lives, though. And it's a tiny place."

"Of course it is. He's single!" Mai snapped.

"Oh, yeah, I totally get the fancy houses. Yours is nothing compared to Everglen or Willowtree, by the way." Savi's house at Willowtree wasn't that fancy, but it was pretty, with lots of nature. Savi loved it. If only Seri didn't live there, too.

"It is to me. Choralmere is beautiful!"

Savi rolled her eyes. "Look, tell me this again when Uncle Tam and Aunt Linh get here."

Mai sighed and left.

A few hours later, Linh entered. "Savi?" she called.

She didn't look up from where Savi was doing pull-ups on the rafters. "Up here," she called.

Linh looked up and shrieked. "SAVI! THAT'S SO UNSAFE! Do not do this in front of my kids," she added, clutching her chest. "Anyway... let's get you out of here. Tam's... uh... entertaining Mother."

"Entertaining?" Savi asked.

"In a way," Linh said, and pretended that she didn't hear Mai's screams a moment later. "Father isn't home, is he?"

"I haven't got the slightest clue."

Linh sighed and raised her Pathfinder to the light. "Oh," Savi said. "Could you ask Tam to get my Pathfinder back from Mai?"

"Your Pathfinder?" Linh asked, her forehead wrinkling with confusion.

"Well, more like Sir Astin's. But I do need it back," Savi said hopefully.

Linh laughed. "Sure, whatever. And I'm assuming you don't want your parents to know you've got a Pathfinder?"

"Nah, they already know. Plus, I've got to return it to Sir Astin tomorrow."

Linh smiled and whisked Savi away in a flash of light.

"SAVI! DO YOU KNOW HOW INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS THAT WAS, RUNNING OFF WITH A PATHFINDER WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING, AND GOING STRAIGHT INTO MAI SONG'S ARMS?!!"

"It wasn't intentional!" Savi shouted in answer to Sophie's screams.

"BUT IT HAPPENED ANYWAY, DIDN'T IT, YOU PROBABLY ALMOST DIED, AND-"

"Okay, I feel bad for telling you this for the billionth time, but Foster, you need to chill," Keefe said, placing his hand on his wife's arm. "I'm sure Savi knows all of this."

"Yes, she's as bad as you!" Sophie snapped.

Keefe smirked. "Oh, come on, Foster, you know you love me."

Sophie sighed. "How are you taking this so calmly?"

"Well, I know Savi can take care of herself."