𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎 | 𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚝𝚘𝚡𝚒𝚗

Start from the beginning

It was this moment, this one second, this one particular sentence.

Five's words echoed in my head, as if through a microphone. At the same time, I felt myself stiffen, straighten up abruptly, and my body took the form of an ice sculpture. I felt my heart slow down and after a few seconds it stopped beating completely. I held my breath in a desperate attempt to restart my lungs, but all efforts were in vain.

It felt like Five had stabbed me right in the heart. I felt it tear in half, then stick back together, then tear again, this time to shreds. This torture, lasting approximately only a few seconds, seemed endless at that moment.

I forced myself to choke out a single sentence.

"What—What am I doing to you?"

The boy noticed that something was wrong, I could see it on his face. He looked concerned and at the same time approached the whole situation coldly. We both realized there was no need for soothing gestures and comforting words here.

It was just pointless.

"Eight, I know it's a lot for one time," he said slowly, carefully choosing the right words. "But you have to know it. You need to be aware of this so that we can try to stop it."

"Stop it," I repeated the last two words. "S-Stop what?"

My head was spinning with all the questions. But I was too weak, too scared to say them all out loud.

Five hunched over and rested his elbows on his knees. He looked me straight in the eyes, not letting me look down.

"(Y/N) you... You have a huge impact on my powers."

Disbelief. It was the only thing that took control of my body at that moment. I expected everything but this. I came close to believing that Five hated me so much that he ran away just so he wouldn't have to see me again. I was sure that I was somehow influencing his psyche, that I was making him feel less inclined to save the world.

And it turned out that in some strange, inexplicable way I was influencing his powers.

"How?" My vocal cords began to fail, my voice sounded more like the squeals of a little puppy. Five, however, didn't care, keeping a serious face.

"I haven't determined the cause yet. But I know you're the reason for this."

"You don't understand me," I whispered. "How do your powers REACT to me?"

The boy extended his hands to me. He jerked his chin at them.

"That's the problem. They go crazy and the pattern is never the same."

"Pattern?" I croaked.

"Yes, pattern. All tests failed."

I felt a sudden urge to laugh. It merely sounded as if I was some sort of guinea pig, some kind of research subject being tested on something. I felt my lower lip start to tremble.

Five continued.

"I've tried everything. Annoy you to see if my powers stop working. Make you feel good, because I hoped your satisfaction was an indicator of the intensity of my powers. I hoped that the rule was that the happier you are, the stronger and more effective my powers are. As I mentioned, all tests failed, and my probability calculations were of no use."

"What came of them?" I asked, feeling my tongue tie in a knot.

I was sure I wouldn't be able to say even one more word.

"They all pointed to what I just showed you." He stood up and began walking around the room, making signs in the air that only he knew the meaning of. "That your positive emotions strengthen my powers, while negative ones reduce their efficiency."

I shook my head

I shook my head. Even to me it sounded reasonable. But it didn't change the fact that I was still staring at him in disbelief. Because none of this just made any sense.

"And what? And this theory is not correct?"

"I already told you." He stopped mid-step and stood in front of me, so much so that I had to tilt my head to look him in the eye. "There is no specific rule. No matter what emotions you feel, I can never predict how my powers will react."

I remained silent, staring at the floor.

"Let's take the situation from a moment ago," he reminded. "You got angry and started screaming. Suddenly I teleported. I didn't do it on purpose, I just felt a wave of your anger wash over me and suddenly I on the other side of the fucking room. These were negative emotions, which contradicts the theory that they deactivate my powers. In this case, they did the complete opposite."

"Wasn't this the only time this happened?" I asked, still not looking up.

"No. Remember the time I got a little carried away and pinned you to the wall?"

"'A little' is an understatement," I muttered, and the memory of that situation sent shivers down my entire body. And they weren't shivers of fear.

"Well, when you left, I wanted to teleport back to the bathroom. However, I couldn't do this, thinking that my batteries were dead. But I remembered that when we had had an argument at the Gimbel Brothers' the previous night, they had behaved the same way. I couldn't use them the proper way either."

He didn't say anything for a moment, I could only hear his quick breathing.

"The worst part is that's what usually happens," he said slowly. "They break down more often than they get stronger."

He crouched down so that his eyes were level with mine. He lifted his hand and grabbed my chin to make me look at him.

"You're like a toxin, (Y/N). You poison my powers. And I have no idea what's causing it and how to stop it."

^^^
author's note: well that was harsh yall

I JUST HOPE YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED HERE I TRIED TO EXPLAIN IT THE BEST WAY I COULD AND I THINK IT WENT KINDA GOOD

i bet yall were'n expecting this huh?

lemme know if you have any theories WHY it is the way it is, and im looking forwards to reading them theories soooooo

dont forgtet to leave this succulent, gold, little star and let me know WHAT YALL THINKKKKK

sending lots of kisses, how are you all?