Lilac screeched.

"Then I'm cominggggg!" She screamed.

"Who be this na?"

"Abeg make this short rat keep shut jare"

"Ment?"

Lilac gave all those who complained about her scream a look that screamed "mind your business!"

"So are you coming Yolanda?" He asked me, he had this hopeful look in his eyes like he really wanted me to come.

"Sure I will. Why not?"

He grinned.

"Thank you girl"

"It's no issue...I should be thanking you for inviting me to your party" I replied.

"No really, thank you" he said softly giving me a look I couldn't decipher. The air around us was tense for a while before he coughed and moved back, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck and trying not to make eye contact with me.

"Uh..I'll see you later" he said and walked out before I could even say anything. I was a bit confused at what had just happened and at his sudden attitude.

"What was that?" Lilac asked.

"To be honest I don't know."

I didn't know what that was but I was glad that a fine boy asked me to come to his party.

Speaking of fine boys...

I stood up to go check up on Daniels because I haven't seen him in class this morning.

"Where are you going?"

"I want to go check up on Daniels"

A small frown marred her face

"Uh Yolanda, there was even something I was going to tell you. About you and Daniels"

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I get it he's acting all nice and charming now but something tells me not to trust him and I think you shouldn't trust him too"

I was beginning to feel annoyed with the way everyone was doubting Daniels genuineness. First it was Tayo now it's her.

What's wrong with everybody?

"Don't worry Lilac. He's really genuine this time. He has been a gentleman to me ever since"

"I don't know. Daniels still gives me the bad guy vibes"

"I still do?"

I turned back so fast I tripped and nearly fell headlong into him. Luckily for me, he reached out and grasped my waist and held me to himself. I held his shoulders for support.

"Oh my Jesus!"

"Awwwww, see romance oo"

"No be all this Korean romance shi be this?"

"Ugh Miracle rest na so what if it's Korean?"

"Abeg"

I tuned myself from what my classmates were saying and focused on his light blue-green eyes. They were filled with amusement and that was when I jumped back and coughed with embarrassment. I couldn't even look at my classmates faces for fear of what I'll see.

"Sorry. Are you okay?" He asked his eyes filled with concern

"Uhm..I think so....yeah" I stammered slightly.

"Hope you didn't sprain your ankle?"

"No no I..I didn't"

He nodded and turned his attention to Lilac.

"You said something about me giving bad vibes?" He asked raising an eyebrow. Lilac shrugged.

"You've been rude to her ever since and I've known you since Jss1 Daniels. You are never this nice to someone, especially when that person has crossed your path before"

"Should I be hurt that you don't trust me?" He asked. There was a sad expression on his face and I felt bad.

"Lilac come on, it's not bad if he decides to change right?" I said to her. She didn't say anything instead she gave me a cold look.

"Babe chill, I've known this guy for almost six years. You've known him for less than two months so I know what I'm saying" she replied.

"It's fine girls. I'm sorry if I'm being nice as I see it's making you very uncomfortable. I'll be leaving now" Daniels said calmly and turned to leave. I glared at Lilac who was busy painting her nails.

"Girl what was that?" I half yelled.

"I just saved your ass Lee, when I tell you I don't trust that boy I'm not joking" she replied.

"I can't deal with you right now" I retorted and stormed off to look or him. I checked everywhere in our class environment but he was no where to be found.

Where was he?

I went to check the swimming pool and saw him standing there.

"Hey, look I'm sorry about what Lilac said earlier. Please don't take it to heart" I apologized. He turned around to face me and gave me a small smile.

"It's cool" he replied. I sighed in relief and relaxed my shoulders.

"Besides, what if she was right?" He said softly.

Wait what?

"Huh?"

He smirked at me and before I could control myself, he pushed me.

And I fell straight into the pool.

My phobia for water kicked in immediately. I screamed and yelled for help.

"Daniels what are you doing? Help me!" I screamed. He smirked and I saw two boys come out from their hiding places with cameras in their hands.

They were videoing me.

And Daniels was holding a bucket.

"This is for disrespecting me in front of the whole school" he shouted and poured the content of the bucket into the water.  The slimy insects I saw in the water made me nearly pass out.

Daniels Adenuga just tricked me to my doom.

Wow 😳

I don't even know what to say. As much as I pity Yolanda in her situation now, I guess she was too naive for her own good.

See you in the next update!