03. | round and round.

Start from the beginning

Haibara, who sits at his right, lets out a small huff of laughter at the state of his hair. And Nanami, who sits next to Haibara, sighs at his antics, exasperated as always.

"Sorry, sensei," [Y/n] curtly answers whatever his teacher just said with a little bow of his head. On the side, he can see Nanami rolling his eyes.

Yaga scowls. "You better be. Now, where was I?"

Class resumes after that.

His sensei has a tendency to be a little over the top sometimes, yelling out math equations like a maniac, writing things on the board with furious strokes, and the list goes on. Yaga's handwriting, for one, needs a little polish, just a little.

[Y/n] hums as he squints at the overwhelming amount of things on the board, realizing that most of them are things that he has seen quite a few times before, mostly in the study of his own home. Familiar topics were drilled inside of his head ever since a young boy, to prepare him as the future head of the [L/n] clan.

Anyway, what he means is that, he doesn't really need to take notes of any of these down.

So he lets his eyes wander around the class, blinking lazily at the small number of people in the room right now. He hears that the amount of students in the class above isn't doing much better either, though.

"Sensei," a low, baritone voice speaks out. It's Nanami, raising his hand, probably on his way to ask a question.

He turns his head away, averting his gaze instead to the scenery outside, barely listening to the ongoing conversation.

Although the three of them have been together in this class for the better half of the month, [Y/n] has kept... quite the distance from both of them—and the same sentiment is shared by Nanami.

They don't hate each other—or at least that's what [Y/n] hopes so anyway.

He can't really understand what exactly goes on inside of Nanami's mind after all. For all he knows, the guy could be planning his murder perhaps any day now–he's betting on Nanami killing Gojo first though because that senior of theirs is really quite the tall little asshole.

Now that he thinks about it, [Y/n] isn't sure if the two of them even have a semblance of a conversation after their two missions together.

Nanami doesn't speak much, and when he does, well, it's mostly Nanami being frankly tired, maybe a tad bit awkward even.

The direct opposite of words he would use to describe Nanami's friend, Haibara Yu.

Haibara is... a rare case to be seen, especially in a place that studies Jujutsu━a grim and dangerous place where even children like them will have a high chance of dying. This brown-haired sorcerer right here is a simple happy-go-lucky sunshine, so optimistic and cheerful that all [Y/n] can do is nod in his too-bright presence.

"...Hm?"

Chancing a glance away, he notices a blinking light coming from the phone inside his bag. He stares blankly at it, before he stills, eyes shot wide as he recognizes who the set of numbers belongs to.

[L/n] Emi.

His sister... Well, half-sister actually, they have different mothers and all that. But anyway, that isn't the problem.

Right now, he's confused, baffled as to how exactly she got his number–it's a brand new phone, and the number of people who know about it does not even amount to ten people.

He extends his arm out to reach it, and upon reaching it, immediately rejects the call. Of course, he doesn't forget to block the number too.

Then, [Y/n] sighs in exasperation.