"It's always the same"Gempa sighed, but smiled afterward.

Boboiboy wiped away the last few tears on my face and smiled. "I kept my promise."

I smiled. "You did!"

Is this how it feels like to be loved? To have a family?

Memories flashed in my heads and I keep doubting if it really what I wanted.

Ever since I was small, I longed to be loved by my parents. They were always too fixated to give me any attention, so I tried my best to make them proud, to make them look at me, just once.

Until now, nothing manage to really make them proud, but now.. they finally saw me as their child.

Do they really?

A voice taunted in my head.

Shut up!

I clenched my fist and gripped the gun tighter.

They love me. They do!

"Ouch!"I winced as I fell to the ground.

"Dissappointing! How can you still not be able to fight with a sword!?"Dad yelled which made me flinch.

"I-I'm sorry.."I looked over to my mom, hoping that she would help me.

"I can't believe that I gave birth to a son like you."Mom sighed in dissappointment.

Tears rolled down my cheeks and dad slapped me for it. "Don't be such a crybaby!"

"Y-yes father.."

Right..?

"Are you okay!??"Boboiboy asked with worry in his voice.

"I will be fine. It's just a scratch."I replied.

"No, it not. You're literally bleeding!"Blaze stated and smacked Taufan.

"What was that for!?"Taufan asked while rubbing his head.

"You're the magician do something! You can use that magic spell thingy to heal, can't you?"

"It called healing magic, but yes I can."Taufan replied.

"It's okay, I can heal it on my own."I replied.

Like I always did..

"No way! You need your energy to recover, so I will heal you instead."Taufan healed my wound with ease and kept stopping my attempt on healing myself.

"Does it hurts anywhere else?"Boboiboy asked.

"No, don't worry."I reassured.

"That's a relief."He said and all three of them sighed in relief.

Aren't they exaggerating?

Maybe not..?

I sobbed under a tree on my own, replaying the hurtful words from my parents in my head.

Mom and dad were really mad that I failed to get rid of Boboiboy at the festival..

"Thorn?"Gempa called which completely caught me off guard. "Are you okay?"

I nodded and tried my best to smile, but failed miserably.

"You're lying, what's wrong?"Halilintar asked firmly.

"It's nothing.."I lied.

The two of them looked at each other, probably thinking of what to do, but then Ice suddenly gave me his cookies and laid his head on my shoulder.

"H-huh?"

"Eat it."Ice demanded.

I was still confused, but Gempa and Halilintar seemed to be happy.

"Good idea, eating always make me happy."Gempa reasoned while Halilintar nodded in agreement and hiding his smile.

"Oh..okay"

"If you ever want to talk, you can always talk with any of us."Gempa soothed.

"Thank you.."

"I'm sorry.."I said as my gun was now pointed towards my parents. "Mother and father..."

Bang

Just like that, the two people I once loved so much died and fell to the ground.

We are bloodrelated, but they were never my family.

The family that I had wished my entire life.

"T-thorn?"Boboiboy asked in surprise as he saw the corpses.

Without a word I opened the cage and took off the chains around his wrists.

"Thorn?"He asked again, this time softer.

I raised my head and looked at him with through my tears.

"I'm sorry.."My voice cracked at every world.

"I was never mad at the first place."Boboiboy said with a voice, as soft as cotten and as sweet as sugar while hugging me.

All this time I longed for a family, not realizing that I already had one..

--------------------------------------------------------------
:> I tried making it unexpected, hope it worked :^