When The Cicada Calls

Start from the beginning

The bell rings as everyone leaves class.

Fred: That guy's a total nut.

Y/N and Daphne were walking together as Daphne looked at Y/N.

Daphne: Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah?

Daphne: I was wondering if you would like to-

Shaggy was eating his chips when he pulled out a paper from his mouth.

Shaggy: Ooh! It's a note from Mr. E. Must have been in the bag of my Nature Silvers. He says there's a mystery waiting for us at the hospital. There's been some sort of weird accident.

Fred: What kind of accident?

Shaggy spits out another note.

Shaggy: He says we'll find out when we get there.

At the hospital there were police cars.

Velma: Looks like Mr. E was right. Something's up. That's Sheriff Stone's car.

Shaggy: Like maybe we can stop by the cafeteria when we're done and get some of that delicious hospital gelatin.

Scooby: Yeah, with saltines and applesauce.

Shaggy: In gelatin.

They enter as Kelsepsian is getting the bugs pulled out of his nose.

Nurse: Steady now.

He gets the bug pulled out.

Nurse: There.

The cicada flies off as Sheriff Stone gets scared by the bug. Mayor Jones is on the phone.

Sheriff Stone: Ew. It's on me. Get it off. Get it off. Get it off. Get it off!

Mayor Jones: Calm down. It's just a bug.

Mayor Jones hits the bug away.

Sheriff Stone: Thank you.

Fred: Dad?

Mayor Jones: Oh, no.

Fred: Can we help with anything?

Mayor Jones: No. Go away.

Velma: Who's the patient?

Mayor Jones: An employee of Destroido. Go away.

Shaggy: Like, what happened to him?

Mayor Jones: It's classified. Go away.

Sheriff Stone: It was this awful creature made of thousands and thousands of cicada bugs. They got in his hair, in his nose, all over him! And... Ew. Ew. Ew. Gross!

Mayor Jones: What are you three-years-old? Alright. Fine. Yes. A bug creature, okay? And I'm not gonna let a golden opportunity like this go to waste. I already talked with the city council. We're gonna have a cicada bug creature festival this weekend. The crowds will be huge. And if you have any human decency left in your hearts you will not get involved.

Mayor Jones and Sheriff Stone walk away.

Fred: Sorry, dad, but we can't do that.

A cicada sees them. Night came and Hugh Dederdee was taking a shower when he got a phone call. He turns off the shower and answers it.

Hugh: Hello?

???: You did not heed my warning.

It was the mysterious caller.

Hugh: You again. I'm taking a shower. Stop calling me.

???: I told you if you did quit your job at Destroido and leave town forever something terrible will happen to you.