Chapter Three

Chapter Three

“Did you know that Xander left when Toxic came?” Taylor asks through the receiver. After my encounter with Mr. Guy in black suit, Xander didn’t really say much. Maybe he was in shock like I was. We walked home together without many words exchanged, it was kind of awkward. So I called Taylor just to talk to her. I needed my other best friend.

“Yeah Xander always leaves when I have a fight. All he does is write notes about how the fight went.” I explain to her. I work out the problems easy on my calculus homework. The school always gives homework on the first day, especially if you’re in AP classes like me.

“But Xander left before Toxic showed up.” Taylor ponders. I guess I was too zoned out to realize that Xander did leave.

“He has really good intuition. He always knows when a villain is going to attack.” I tell her. But Xander didn’t know when Mr. Guy in black suit was attacking me. He needs some work on his intuition.

“That is soooooo rad! I wish I could have good intuition. I could like guess when I have a pop quiz so I can study the night before. My grades would be soooooo much better…” Taylor rambles on and on like she usually does. She likes to talk. I’m about to fall asleep when I see something odd from the corner of my eye. I turn my head to face Xander’s window that is straight across from my room.

Are you dune?’ is written on a piece of paper that Xander is holding. I try to hold in the fit of laughs that is starting to come up. The punning from early is brought back into my mind. I fail at covering up my laugh and instead end up choking. I cough so hard I think a lung is coming out.

“Cassidy? Are you okay? You sound like you’re dying.” Taylor asks with worry. I choke even harder when Xander writes another message, ‘Are you okay ocean there?’ My face is probably as red as a tomato now.

“Y-yes I’m f-fine,” I cough some more. “But I’ve got to go, so b-bye!” I quickly hang up the phone and try to get back to my normal breathing. I can hear Xander laugh though his and my window. I glare his way when I stop choking. I get up and open my window, Xander opens his.

“Jesus Xander! What’s your problem!?” I hiss. Xander laughs and removes the papers from the window.

“You can’t tell me that you didn’t find it amusing.” He responds with a smirk.

“It doesn’t matter if I found it amusing or not, I could have died!” I exasperate. Xander just laughs loudly. I roll my eyes.

“Keep it down over there! People are actually trying to sleep!” A voice yells from somewhere across the street.

“Hey shut up, I’m trying to sleep!” Another voice yells at the voice that yelled originally.

“No you shut up! These damn kids can’t keep quiet! I have every right to yell at them.” The original voice yells.

“How about you both shut up and go to sleep! It’s like midnight!” A third voice chimes in. Xander motions me to come in his room. I jump from the window and climb up to his window. I hurl myself into the window and onto the surprising vacuumed floor.

“Did you clean your room?” I ask with shock. Xander just rolls his eyes.

“Mom hired a maid to clean the house since she never has time to clean it herself.” He explains with annoyance.

“I’m just so surprised that I can actually see your floor! This must have taken her forever.” I exclaim. Xander just looks down and blushes.

“Shut up.” He mutters with embarrassment. I laugh at his bashfulness and jump on his bed. “I never thought I’d see the day where your bed is made.” I run my hands over the clean sheets and the pillows with actual pillow cases. An idea pops into my head.