stay with me

(Sorry, this one is a little sad)

Melissa rushed into the hospital "Where is she ?? Where is my wife?? She uh she's called Y/n Schemmenti" she was panicked ever since she had received this call from the hospital. "Room 202" a nurse pointed over there. Melissa ran there as quick as she could and stopped short in the doorway. She looked in to see her wife peacefully at rest in her hospital bed. She came in and took a seat not taking her eyes off of Y/n and grabbed onto her hand. She had tears welling in her eyes as she looked at Y/n "youre okay baby, I'm here now. I'm gonna make sure you get all better" she couldn't even bring herself to blink.

A car accident. It had been frosty out that morning and before Melissa had left the house, Y/n warned her to be careful as the roads would be slippery and she didn't want Melissa getting her. She smiled a little at the irony of it. Y/n telling Melissa to be careful and then getting into an accident herself.

Thank god she wasn't dead - was all Melissa could think about.

She watched for a few more moments before resting her head gently on Y/n's leg and sobbing. This must have woken Y/n up as she looked at Melissa and brought her hand slowly to her head as she played with a strand of it "I'm okay, Mel" she croaked out quietly as she was still feeling pretty weak. Melissa kept sobbing into Y/n's leg and Y/n kept playing with Melissa's hair "I'm alright, beautiful, I promise. I'm okay" she reassured her as she didn't want her wife worrying about her after she got into a little wreck. She bad been fine, a broken arm and a bang to the head and besides that it just a few scratches and cuts around her body. They stayed quiet for a few minutes resuming their actions before Melissa lifted her head up and hugged Y/n tightly. Y/n winced at this sudden contact "sorry" Melissa sniffled "I didnt mean to hurt you". Y/n smiled softly "it's okay, I'm fine. Don't worry about it. You didn't hurt me" she hugged Melissa gently and let her wife now cry into her shoulder. She felt bad for this and sighed softly. Melissa held onto her for dear life, fearing if she ever let go again then her wife would slip away from her in a second. She peppered Y/n's cheek with kisses as her tears fell. She was so grateful her wife was okay. "Dont you ev-" Melissa hiccuped "ever do that again to me, missy, you understand me?" She looked her wife dead in the eyes "I understand Mel, never again" she smiled. Y/n lifted her hand to Melissa's face and gently brushed the tears away "don't cry, I'm okay. Maybe I can even go home in a few hours" she felt bad her wife was so upset. "I'm sorry" she kissed Melissa's head gently and scooted over. Melissa carefully got onto the bed and cuddled with Y/n and cried into her as Y/n had an arm wrapped around her carefully rubbing circles on Melissa's arm "I love you, Mel" she said softly. All she got back in return was Melissa digging her head a little further into her.