41 End of Difference

Start from the beginning

"I have no one..."

Khushi looked at him, raising her head. As Khushi expected, Arnav's mind changed in a jiffy and he started listening to her, forgetting their position. She again leaned on his shoulder and continued.

"I'm an orphan... I don't have anyone for myself. That's why I'm roaming around India aimlessly. I so wanted someone for myself. I wanted to do a love marriage but, I didn't meet anyone who met my expectations. I didn't know whom to trust. You know our era boys. They are not trustworthy. We can't expect them to understand our feelings. I was weary of my life. That's why I started visiting different places. Though I diverted my mind I could not stop my heart from growing expectations about my wedding life. I believed I would meet someone with the same wavelength as mine. But, it didn't happen. That was when I found the sand clock. A group chased me for the sand clock..."

"But why?"

"I don't know"

"You said, we can't change anything using the sand clock. Then why do they want it?"

"I too don't understand the point"

"How did they know about the sand clock?"

"My grandfather's friends knew about it. One of his friends, Rudra Prathap wanted it. he was the one who killed my parents"

"Killed?" he pulled her back and looked at her.

Khushi nodded yes and again leaned on his shoulder, circling his neck.

"Yes, they were killed. I doubt Rudra Prathap should have killed them for the sand clock"

"Don't you think of punishing the killer?"

"I wanted to but I could not"

"Why not? You have the box that records everything. Can't you go to the exact time he killed your parents using the sand clock and record it? Is it not enough to punish them?"

"I would have done that if I had not come here. To escape from the goons, I twisted the sand clock and came to the Maurya empire. I wanted to go back immediately but I could not. I had to come to the capital to meet the king to complain about Hemadri. Everything happened one by one. I got stuck here. Last but not least, I have lost the sand clock" She sighed.

"You know what Arnav, I liked you so much when I saw you for the first time. Your majestic look attracted me..."

Arnav smiled.

"I got a chance to travel with you. I was so glad to do that because it was a chance no history-lover would think of missing. Not that I trusted you. I could not. I traveled only in the hope of the sand clock. I thought to twist it and go back if you try to misbehave with me." She chuckled and Arnav was amazed.

"But, I didn't even think of going back for at least once because you are a nice person. There is no one in this world like you. I liked your values, morals everything. I liked the way you talked without looking at my face. These qualities are as rare as a hen's teeth. You treated me so gently. Though I didn't accept your proposal I could not stop myself from falling for you. at the same time, I doubt we could not cope because our lifestyles are different. You and I are opposite poles in culture and I was scared about the parallel universe but, at some point, I don't mind about creating a parallel universe because I didn't think, I could live without you. I want to be with you Arnav."

She sat straight, looking at him.

"See, this is what I am. I wanted to pour my heart into my man. I wanted to be with him wiping all the hesitation. I wanted him to be the one who could make me forget about the loss of my parents. (She paused for a while) I got YOU. you came into my life, giving answers to my expectations. I'm so sensitive person. I can't hold myself. I can't hide my feelings. I won't feel awkward being on your lap because it gives me peace and happiness. You may feel it odd..."

Cutting her,

"No... I don't feel it odd... I will try to make myself up to your expectations..." he circled her in his arms.

"You are not an orphan... you are the Princess of this kingdom. I'm here for you"

"I know... you will be there for me" She palmed his cheek.

"Will you?"

She nodded yes.

"I don't think I could be alive if you leave me. my heart may blast if you go away from me" He said making her gulp down.

She hugged him feeling nervous. Somewhat it was true. Anything could happen to him if she left him.

"No... it won't happen. I won't let it happen" She said panicking.

Arnav embarrassed her with a smile lovingly.

"I said, only if you leave me..." he said.

She saw him with mixed emotions. Arnav didn't know why she became sentimental all of a sudden.

"I promise... I won't leave you" She touched his forehead with hers.

Arnav cupped her face and Khushi looked at him surprisingly. As she didn't expect, he touched her lips with his. Without kissing, he stayed but Khushi could not. She captured his lips. As she didn't expect, Arnav also participated in the kiss. They shared their first kiss, ending all the differences between them.

To be continued...