Chapter 3

I sent him this message and he replied, "OK, we've only been going out for a month anyway.

In the meantime, I got to know Ellie and felt an attraction for her. I wanted to get to know her better and maybe seduce her, so I asked her out to the cinema. I think she guessed that I had a crush on her.

She said to me, "In real life, if it was with the whole taekwondo group, yes, but I don't know about that".

I replied, "Don't worry, it's no big deal and the whole group rarely goes out together".

Ellie: "Well, this will be our chance.

Me: "Yes. I'm sorry if I sounded a bit cold, but to be honest, what you said was a bit hurtful".

Ellie: "Look, I don't know you and you're moving too fast for my liking, so I'd rather be honest and say that I can't imagine being more than friends with you."

I replied: "Wait, I think you're thinking too fast, honestly I see you more as a soon to be friend than anything else. You're not my style and I felt comfortable, because I don't have that many real friends who go to the gym like me.

Ellie sent me the voice mail I'd sent her unintentionally, in which I said we were going to have a movie with my crush, so I had to invent an imaginary crush.

"But you're stupid, you're not the only one I'm going out with, my crush and I are going to another cinema the following weekend. I just sent it to the wrong person."

I told Ellie that my supposed crush had fallen in love with one of my friends.

"Don't worry, it's only a crush, it wasn't love anyway, and honestly, with everything I've been through, this kind of thing doesn't affect me any more.... And if it turns out that I'll find my better half one day".

These words were true.