Part 17

"P! I am here!" Ja ran cheerfully, not wanting to waste any more seconds to see his favorite person.

Gulf was surprised to see Ja, quickly wiping his tears and managing a smile, though he forgot how flustered his face looked. Ja stopped in his tracks, observing Gulf's expression.

"P... What's wrong?" Ja quickly placed his books on the table and went to Gulf.

"Nothing... Let's start, N'Ja." Gulf cleared his throat. Ja stared at Gulf, suddenly recalling how Gulf worked part-time in a cafe with rumored scary owners, understanding Gulf's challenges there. Gulf also complained before how he was tired of working part-time. Ja cupped Gulf's face and turned it toward him.

"P! When I become an adult and successful, let's run away. I'll take you away from everything and let you live your life happily," Ja confessed. Ja's words caused Gulf's eyes to widen. The idea of leaving everything behind to focus on happiness with Ja excited him. Gulf nodded, smiling widely.

"Just tell me whenever you're ready. I'll follow you, N'Ja."

All the memories flooded back to Gulf as he stared into the black orbs in front of him. He couldn't find words; he fought back the tears forming in his eyes. What he thought-was it real? He hoped his assumptions were true.

"Why should I follow you? There's nothing between us," Gulf mustered the courage to ask Leo, hoping for nothing but the truth.

Leo hesitated. Should he expose himself right there? What would happen if Gulf found out? He hadn't thought this through when he left home that morning. What if Gulf didn't believe him? The bracelet!

Leo raised his hand, showing his wrist. Gulf's eyes widened at the sight of the bracelet. There was no way he would forget his favorite bracelet. He thought it was gone with Ja, but there it was in front of him.

"The bracelet... How?" Gulf's tears finally fell. He had missed seeing the bracelet, hoping it would return to its owner. Now, it was right in front of him.

Leo, was weak whenever it came to Gulf. But, a crying Gulf? He was on the verge of hugging the man, saying comforting words. He wanted to take Gulf far away and let him be happy forever. However, it wasn't that simple. He knew what he had to do for things to go smoothly.

"I'll tell you everything this Saturday. I'll text you where you should meet me," Leo said, releasing Gulf and leaving as quickly as he could. One more second, and he might spill everything, but it wasn't the right time.

"Wait!" Gulf ran towards Leo, but the staff stopped him, insisting he pay for the suit before leaving. Gulf kept looking outside, searching for Leo. He needed answers. Where had Leo gotten the bracelet?

"Where is he?" Gulf quickly sought out Leo after paying for the suit. He assumed Leo would be with First. He spotted First at a cafe and hurried over to them.

"What are you doing here? I told you to go home, right?" Jane glared at Gulf.

"I... Um, I thought Leo would be with you," Gulf bit his lip, hoping First wouldn't misinterpret.

"Why do you want to know about First's boyfriend?!" Jane raised her voice.

"Mom, chill. Maybe Lung wanted to ask something. Leo said he had some things to do, so he left," First calmed his mom down. Gulf nodded. He missed his chance to meet Leo.

"Oh, Lung. How about you sit here? I'll pay for your drink as a congratulations gift. Mom and I want to continue our shopping. There's something we haven't bought yet," First stood up and guided Gulf to sit. Jane grabbed over 20 shopping bags and left, waiting for First outside.

"Thank you, First," Gulf smiled. He had never had a real conversation with First, so he didn't know how First would treat him. First nodded and went to order coffee for Gulf.

When the coffee arrived, First took it and approached Gulf, placing it on the table. Gulf went to take the coffee after thanking First, but First grabbed it, pouring it on Gulf's lap and the suit he had just bought.

Gulf quickly stood up, reacting on instinct. The hot coffee burned his thigh a bit. He looked up at First with a surprised expression. First smirked and approached Gulf.

"This is a warning. Stay away from my man and his money. If I see you with my man again, I'll make sure not only your thigh is burned but your whole body. See you later, Lung," First smirked and left the place.

Gulf's eyes teared up as he noticed many people staring at him. Embarrassment overwhelmed him, and he ran from the place as fast as he could. He held back tears on his way home and, upon arrival, let them fall freely. He stayed on the ground for a long time before going to the bathroom to clean himself. He pulled off the suit and saw it was ruined due to the coffee stain. It was going to be a long day for him.

"How can I clean this before Saturday?" Gulf sighed. This Saturday was his wedding day. Wait... Saturday? Gulf remembered Leo's words. Is that why Leo wanted to see him on Saturday?

"He wanted me to run away from the wedding?"

TBC