Part 7

Leo fixed his tie in front of the mirror when suddenly, he was hugged from behind. He turned around and saw First, who was still sleepy.

"Hmmm, it's still early, babe..." First said, hiding his face on Leo's back.

"There's a meeting this morning," Leo replied, turning his focus back to the mirror.

"But I want to spend the day with you. Can't you take a day off?" First asked, letting go of the hug when Leo turned around.

"We can do that another time. Besides, you are going back, right? I will send you to your home later," Leo said, allowing First to place his arm around Leo's waist.

First only nodded and hugged Leo.

"Take care, babe," First said, smiling, and then kissed Leo on the cheek.

"You too," Leo replied, kissing First on the hand before leaving.

Leo went to the lobby to meet his assistant, who was waiting for him.

"Good morning, Boss," his assistant greeted with a bow.

His assistant went to open the door for Leo but noticed Leo was lost in thought.

"Boss?" he asked.

"Tell them to change the meeting time to 10 a.m. I have errands to do," Leo said, leaving before hearing his assistant's reply. He ditched the car that his assistant had prepared and went to his car.

Leo drove to the hospital and stood in front of the gate, still wearing his sunglasses. He checked his watch, which showed 6 a.m.

"Auntie, the usual, please," Leo turned towards a familiar voice.

He smiled and walked over to the table.

"Nurse Gulf," Leo greeted.

"Oh, Leo, how coincidental to see you here" Gulf exclaimed in surprise.

"Well, I'm just visiting a relative, but it might be too early," Leo replied.

"Yes, visiting hours start at 8," Gulf informed him, just as his food arrived.

"If you're okay with it, can I have breakfast with you? I woke up too early and didn't have time for breakfast," Leo asked hopefully.

"Oh, sure. At least I'll have some company," Gulf agreed.

Leo sat down across from Gulf and placed his order.

"Auntie, I'll have khao pad, but please remove the sprouts and add basil and lime to it," Leo requested. Gulf looked up and paused.

"Is there something wrong?" Leo asked, noticing Gulf's surprised expression.

"It's just... I know someone who likes to order a Khao pad like that. Didn't expect to hear it again," Gulf said before continuing to eat.

Leo gulped, almost revealing something about himself.

"So, how long have you been a nurse here?" Leo quickly changed the topic. But just as Gulf was about to answer, his phone rang.

"Hello? Wait, what? Okay, I'll be there now," Gulf said, standing up.

"I'm sorry, Leo. The nurse who was supposed to be on duty had an emergency, so I needed to report earlier. I have to go. Nice to meet you again," Gulf said before leaving.

Leo couldn't say anything; he just watched Gulf walk away, smiling to himself.

That evening, Leo waited for First in front of the apartment.

"Hey, Babe," First greeted, getting into the car and kissing Leo on the cheek.

"Is everything done?" Leo asked.

"Yes," First confirmed, smiling.

Leo then drove them to First's house.

"Don't be nervous, Babe. I'm sure my parents will like you," First reassured Leo, holding his arm.

"Okay, Babe," Leo replied, offering a small smile.

"We're here," First announced as he got out of the car, with Leo following suit.

Leo looked up at the house, taking in all the details. First smiled as he watched Leo, but he missed the clenched fist of Leo.

"Come on, I'll take you to meet my mother," First said, pulling Leo into the house.

"Mom! I'm home!" First called out.

"My baby First," a woman in her forties appeared and hugged First.

"Mom, I wanted to introduce you to someone," First said, bringing his mother closer to Leo.

"Mom, this is my boyfriend, Leo. And Leo, this is my mom, Jane Kittisak," First introduced.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Kittisak," Leo greeted, bowing to Jane.

Jane eyed Leo up and down, taking note of his well-groomed appearance.

"Hmmm...How long have you two been together?" Jane continued, narrowing her eyes. Before Leo could answer, First spoke up.

"Mom.... Leo is the president of Phawattakun Corp. He also owns some of the Phawat Mall and other businesses," First proudly mentioned showing an unreadable expression to his mother.

"Ah, No wonder you look so handsome," Jane remarked, smiling.

"Then, please come have dinner with us. I've prepared a lot of dishes," Jane offered, leading the way to the dining table with First.

"Never changed, I see," Leo thought to himself and smirked.

Leo followed both of them to the dining table, where he saw plenty of food, and for some reason, the dishes looked familiar.

"Did you cook this, Ms. Kittisak?" Leo asked.

"Please, just call me Auntie. After all, you're my only son's boyfriend," Jane said with a smile.

"Sure, Auntie," Leo replied.

"I didn't make this. It's all my husband's cousin's doing. If you don't like it, just tell me," Jane explained as she sat down at the table.

"Okay, Auntie," Leo said.

"Lung? Now that you mention him, where is he?" First looked around to find someone.

"Young Master First," someone called out, causing Leo to freeze. He turned around and was shocked to see someone he never thought he would see.

"There you are, Lung. Leo, this is my Uncle, Gulf Kanawut. Lung, this is my boyfriend, Leo."

TBC