Chapter Nine

FRIDAY, 1:03 AM, HOME

I awoke in my bed. I sat up and rubbed my eyes tiredly. My hands searched my bed for Niccolo's warm body but he was no where to be found. I was upset he didn't stay with me. Two pills and a glass of water was on my nightstand. I turned on my lamp and saw a note.

"Take these when you wake up. Your hangover is going to suck. This'll help."

I could tell it was Niccolo's hand writing. It was nice but he always wrote his g's sloppily. I took the pills and drank the water. It tasted like the best water in the whole world. I stumbled out of bed and saw a pair of my shorts and a tshirt on my vanity chair. He probably set those out for me. I changed into them, trying not to trip over my own two feet. I felt happy to be out of the dress. I didn't like the memories it held. I could still feel Brando's hands on me. I'd take a shower later though. I didn't want to pass out in it. I opened my door and was met with darkness besides the small lamp we always left on in the living room. I walked to Niccolo's door and it opened before I could reach the door handle.

There Niccolo stood. He gazed down at me and he seemed a bit surprised. "Hey Nai. I didn't expect you to wake up. You passed out in the car." He said softly. I was glad he talked in a low voice because every loud noise made my ears hurt.

"I-I wanna sleep in your bed. With you." I said quietly.

He blinked like he suddenly couldn't understand English. His words were delayed. "Okay, yeah. That's fine. Come on." He moved out of the way and let me into his room. I climbed into his bed and slipped under the covers. His sheets reeked of his cologne and I loved it. The scent soothed me. He climbed into bed next to me and brushed my hair out of my face to feel my forehead. I was sort of warm but I didn't care in that moment. I curled up and laid my head on his chest.

"Thank you for getting me. I was so scared." I mumbled to him. He started to rub my back slowly.

"It's not a problem. It what I'm here for. And scared of what?" He asked me quietly.

I was reluctant to answer. "Promise you won't be mad?"

"Promise."

"Brando touched me."

"What?" He sat up slightly. He held my body so I wouldn't slide down his chest harshly. I was nervous to explain. "Tell me everything. Don't leave a single detail out. I'm going to kill him the next time I see his ass." He growled.

I bit my bottom lip out of reluctance. I sighed and looked at him. "Well he walked up to me and was acting all weird but invited me to dance so I went with him. It was all okay but then he started touching my ass and chest. He said I had made him hard so I had to fix it. He started to drag me to a room. I was so scared. He pulled me in and pushed me onto the bed. He started to kiss me and I kept telling him to stop. He wouldn't stop. He tried to push my dress down and he was unbuckling his pants then I pushed him off and left. I wanted to cry. I trusted him, Niccolo."
I explained to him. Tears welled up at my eyes but I wiped them away.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry. It's okay. You're safe now." He soothed me. He wiped away my tears and held me close to him. We stayed that way for a bit. I just soaked in the feeling of his affection.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore." I murmured.

"That's okay. We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. We don't have to talk about anything." He responded softly. He stroked my hair and I felt it. It was a sweet, small gesture.

We laid there in silence, just appreciating each others company, till I spoke. "I know I'm always mad at you or upset with you and I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry. You're just so different for me. Like I don't know if you love me or just like me. You're so confusing and it makes me frustrated." I explained to him. This moment made me want to tell him everything I had ever thought about him.

He was silent for a second then he sighed. "I know. I've noticed I can be very confusing for people. If I could be a different person, trust me, I would." He told me. His tone was sort of sad.

I felt bad for what I had said. I didn't want him to think I didn't like him or something like that. "I didn't mean it like that. You're perfect the way you are. I'm just getting used to how you do things. You're just so different compared to all the other boys I've met. You're better though. A lot better." I assured him softly. I moved my head so I could gaze up at him.

He smirked slightly and his eyes met mine. "Yeah? Am I?" He asked. I could tell I had boosted his ego a good amount.

I smiled a bit and nodded my head. I wrapped my arms around him tighter and closed my eyes. He was so warm and cozy. I wanted to do this every night now. I listened to his breathing. It was even and calm.

"Nico. If I asked you to kiss me, would you say yes? I'm ready to love you now. I know what I want and it's you." I looked up and asked him. My heart ached every time I looked at him. He was just so beautiful.

"No."

"What?"

"No. I can't."

I felt disappointed. I was eager to feel his lips on mine and this was the perfect time. "Why? Do you not love me anymore? Do you still love Chiara or Virginia?" I asked him, my voice breaking.

He stared down at me and stroked my hair. He treated me so sweetly but his words hurt so much. "No, I don't love either of them. Not like I love you. It's just not fair to you. You're drunk and upset. When we're both sober and content, we can continue this conversation. But I want you to know that I love you too. More than I can possibly bare." He murmured to me.

"Now go to sleep. We can talk about this in the morning." He kissed my forehead.

I gazed up at him. Tears welled up in my eyes but I just laid my head down again and let them fall. I closed my eyes and tried to not think about his rejection toward me. At least he loved me. That's all that mattered. He loved me.

AUTHORS NOTE!!!
So guys...😋 This chapter was such a rollercoaster but I had sm fun writing it. I love making y'all suffer with a slow burn !! But dw it's gonna get better soon fr. Also y'all see that thing I did w his rejection right there? Notice something familiar?😝 Sorry, I just had to do it I swear. Anyways I hope y'all have a wonderful day/night!!!❤️❤️