When You Admire A Man's Jewels

Start from the beginning

Izzy had been helping hang several thin gold chains around Serena's neck when Clary had walked in. "That's right. What are you wearing for the Downworlder party tonight?" Izzy asked.

"I don't know. I was just thinking about wearing this," Clary said as she gestured to her ripped jeans and green t-shirt.

"I don't think so," Isabelle replied.

"No Downworlder would be caught dead in that," Serena pointed out as she sat on Izzy's bed. It was almost methodical the way she slipped her toned legs into the thigh-high boots that were the same sparkling gold as her dress, her hair straightened into an enchanting gold waterfall down her back.

"Plus, it's a party, not a poetry slam," Izzy remarked as she picked up a pink Seelie dress from her bed.

"Well, I don't really have any party clothes with me so-"

"So, you'll have to wear mine," Izzy smiled as she handed over the dress.

Clary grimaced somewhat at Isabelle's style. "Couldn't I wear some of Serena's?" she blurted, hoping that the older Shadowhunter had more decent clothes. Her hope was wrong.
Serena grinned at the opportunity she had to screw with Clary just a little bit. Serena leaned back on Izzy's bed as her lips twisted into a smirk. "My clothes are worse. But by all means, if you want something more revealing than my outfit, I'd be happy to get one for you."

"Uh, no, thanks. Don't go to any trouble," Clary stuttered as Izzy shot her parabatai a pointed look as she pulled out a black dress from her closet. "Ok, that dress is way too tight," Clary protested.

"It's stretchy," Izzy defended before she handed it over. "Put it on."

"Ugh, fine," Clary relented as she moved behind the changing dividers and Isabelle passed her a pair of shoes to wear with the dress. "I don't know Isabelle, I think I'm more of a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl," Clary said as Izzy moved over to make the wings on Serena's eyes darker and sharper.

Clary walked out from behind the dividers to look at herself in the mirror. She didn't look half bad, in the dress that was a shirt for her and Isabelle.

"You're so lucky to have such a flat chest. I could never wear that without a bra," Izzy commented and Clary gave her a weird smile as she looked down at her chest for a second.

"Really?" she asked before tugging at the hem of the dress and Izzy moved to playfully drape the black boa she held around her sister.

"Someone's looking badass," Jace praised as he walked into the room, dressed in a black button-up shirt, his hair gelled back and belt visible as the shirt was tucked into his pants.

"Oh, thanks," Clary chuckled awkwardly as she turned around, suddenly so self-conscious about her outfit. Jace's attention was then turned to his sister as she walked over to Izzy's dresser to put on some earrings.

"You do realise that Alec is never going to let you go out in that, right?" Jace said as he observed her outfit. Serena was clad in a short gold sparkly dress with a low back and a low neckline and the skinniest of straps and claw-like press-on nails. The gold matched the shiny blonde of her hair as she grinned at her brother and spun in a circle, showing herself off.

"Do I look like a warlock or what? And you let me worry about my darling husband, JJ. Speaking of which, I'm going to go and dress him in something that isn't black," she said as she began to make for the door.

"I'll join you. He can never say no to the both of us," Izzy smirked and the two walked out hand in hand, leaving Jace and Clary alone.

********************************