When You Admire A Man's Jewels

Start from the beginning

"And Serena's intel from Magnus says that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding, since Valentine's been hunting them," Izzy reported and Alec kissed Serena's hand once more.

"Valentine must be searching for the warlock that Jocelyn -" Hodge was cut off as the cursed Circle rune on his neck began to burn.

"Hodge!" Serena said as she jumped to her feet to help steady him.

"Hodge! Your rune! Are you ok?" Clary asked and the older man nodded as Serena let go of him.

"So how do we find Magnus?" Clary inquired.

"Won't he come to you?" Jace asked his sister who began to pace.

"Magnus takes the care of his warlock subjects very seriously. He won't put them in danger unnecessarily, but he might agree to meet with me. If we have something he can't resist, in a secluded place, protected, he'll come," Serena explained.

"And I know exactly where we do it," Isabelle smiled as she stood, snatching Hodge's tablet before making a ticket for a very special kind of party appear on the screen.

"A Downworld rave. Nice, Izzy," Jace commended.

"And where did you get that?" Alec questioned his little sister.

"During my surveillance of the Downworlders."

"Are you sure it wasn't floating around Meliorn's chambers?" Serena teased as Alec tugged her onto his lap and Izzy gave her sister a sly look.

"Magnus will come. He'll hide in plain sight. Someone like Magnus would never miss the biggest party of the year," Izzy persisted.

"It might not be enough though," Serena pointed out and Hodge grinned.

"Come with me," he said as he led the group into the training room, running his stele over one of the runes on the floor. He pulled the tile from its place before he reached into the hole in the floor and pulled out an antique silver necklace. In the central setting of the necklace was a massive shimmering ruby.

"Is that real?" Izzy gaped.

"A four-karat, unheated, Burmese ruby. And this necklace has special meaning to Magnus Bane. It was -"

"A gift to his lover at the time, Camille. Magnus told me about that ruby. I can't believe it was here all this time," Serena finished as her hand laced with Alec's, her diamond engagement ring shining just as bright.

"Camille and Magnus were lovers?" Clary questioned, surprised.

"Warlock gets around," Jace smirked.

"Magnus bought it in 1857, for the price of his London townhouse. The jewel is enchanted by a spell that alerts the wearer to the presence of demons," Alec recalled.

"It's so beautiful," Izzy marvelled as she held the jewel in her hand, Hodge still holding the chain.

"Magnus has longed to reunite with this necklace. Offer it to him. Then he'll come for sure," Hodge said.

"I'll send Magnus a fire message and arrange the meeting," Serena said as she pulled away from Alec who said, 

"We have to get to Magnus before Valentine does."

********************************

"Jace said you wanted to see me?" Clary asked as she walked into Izzy's room where Izzy and Serena were. Prepping for missions that involved a more alluring outfit was something that they always did together. It had become a ritual of sorts ever since Robert and Maryse took the twins in.