"What do we do, then?" This time it was the mother's voice.

The sound of firetrucks could be heard from behind them. "All right, we're falling back." Athena called and she moved the car so they were no longer in line with the vehicle.

The two firetrucks passed them and moved up next to the vehicle. Lindsey watched from her seat as firefighters started to climb out of the truck, while it was still moving, and climb on top of the truck. Lindsey figured that it was Buck and Ravi up on the 118s truck, but she didn't know who was up on the 147s truck.

She watched as they jumped from the truck to land onto the trunk of the vehicle. Once they were on, they moved one of the firetrucks so they were now behind the vehicle, which also cut off Lindsey's view.

"Guys," A familiar voice came through the radio, "Guys it's Eddie. Do not move the driver. A bomb like that is a sophisticated device. There could be a pressure switch somewhere that senses the driver's movements. Let me talk to the driver."

Eddie went on to ask if there was anything under the pedals and the father checked and found something under the gas. "Do not take your foot off the gas. Okay, everything's gonna be fine. Just sit tight." They heard Eddie say, and then Bucks voice came through the radio, "Yeah uh, problem with that plan. We don't have a lot of freeway left."

"So what's the move?" Athena asked. Lindsey grabbed the walkie and proceeded to say, "Dad, for now, you stay in the truck. Mom and everyone else off." Jim added, "We keep you moving, load two of my guys, and we defuse it in motion."

In response, they heard the mom trying to convince the dad to switch places with her. That way he can live and his mother won't hate her for letting him die. "Ma'am," Athena called into the walkie, "It may not be my place but we're a little short on time here."

"You don't know her." The mother said, referring to her mother-in-law. "I think I have a pretty good idea." Athena told her. "You have a horrible mother-in-law too?"

"I have a mother who matches her description. She hated my husband. But eventually, she warmed up to him."

"How?" The mother asked. "He asked her for help. Made her feel needed. Now ma'am, please get out of the truck." The mother listened and they got her out of the vehicle.

They heard through the radio that they some how got the dad out as well. Lindsey's eyes furrowed, "Then who's driving the vehicle?"

"Vehicle evacuated. All units fall back." Bobby called and Athena slowly pulled the car to a stop next to the firetrucks.

They watched as the vehicle crashed into construction, water burst everywhere. Lindsey and Athena got out of the car and made their way over to Bobby.

"Guess the bomb was fake." Lindsey heard Buck say from above them. Lindsey's eyes narrowed at the vehicle, "I don't think so." And then the vehicle exploded.

Buck had shot Lindsey a text later that night saying the team was going out for drinks and he asked if she wanted to join them. Lindsey wasn't one to turn down a night out. So once her shift ended, she clocked out and ran back to Bucks apartment to change into something a bit comfier.