six.

ELENA HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO FOCUS since what had transpired between her and Elijah

ELENA HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO FOCUS since what had transpired between her and Elijah. The feeling of his body on hers lingered, clinging to her skin and never letting go. It made her mind chaos, giving her a headache. It was annoying.

Any time she closed her eyes, her mind drifted off into a forbidden paradise, making her think about his hands on her waist; her hands in his hair; his lips on her neck, hitting her sweet spot.

Unconsciously, as she thought about it, Elena's hand brushed against the mark he had left. She had tried to hide it the best she could, but no makeup could hide the hickey on her neck.

How was she going to explain it to Stefan?

She shook her head. He didn't have to know. Everything that happened last night was a mistake and will never happen again, ever.

Them being together was prohibited. She had a boyfriend; he was a vampire that could possibly get her killed. They were so different... so why did last night feel so good?

No, Elena thought to herself, frowning, you cannot think about him. If you do, then you'll mess everything up with Stefan.

She stood up from her window seat and walked towards her mirror, checking her hickey to see if it was noticable -- it wasn't -- before leaving her room, ready to get the day started.

•••

Elena and Stefan had planned a weekend away. She had told him about the summer house that she used to spend her holidays at, thinking it would be a good suggestion but now she wasn't so sure.

As she stared at the house while sitting in Stefan's car, Elena felt distant memories swimming around in her head, reminding her of the good times she had but also of the fact that her parents were gone.

She felt tears well up in her eyes, but she didn't dare let them full. She only wiped them away quickly and looked over at Stefan with a smile when he placed an arm around her.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked softly -- a voice that Elijah had used with her the night before. Elena looked away, inhaling deeply and exhaling heavily, tyring to force her mind to forget what happened last night and move on.

She sighed and looked back at Stefan. She hesitated before answering, "I haven't been here since..."

He looked at her, confused, until recognition crossed his face. "Oh, my gosh. Elena, if you want, we can go somewhere else. You can pick."

Instantly, she shook her head. She loved this place; she wanted more good memories here and she wanted them with Stefan.

"No," she said, "I have lots of good memories here. I just got lost in my head."