JAX IS KINDA.......

Jax is kinda....an a#@hole.

Seriously, he was worse than Caine when it came to denying me information and not answering my questions.....properly.

He was also incredibly self-serving and narcissistic. I couldn't believe someone like Ragatha could be friends with someone like Jax. His charm and airy way of speaking kinda reminded me of those playboys and con-artists. With his big cheesy grin and condescending smirks, like everything was an inside joke that only I wasn't in on. I felt like this wasn't the first time I met someone like him, regardless I didn't like him much. I didn't want to get closer though, because he also seemed like someone with secrets. Secrets maybe related to this place.

We were walking down a large red corridor with colourful doors on either side with each door having the owner of the room's picture on it. We passed through Gangle's, Zooble's, Ragatha's, Jax's.....and someone else.

" Here we are. Your new room for the rest of eternity. Happy existential crisis, Myrrh !"

" Wait.....that's not what I look like." 

" Oh ! " . Jax put on a devilish grin, " Right, You haven't looked in a mirror have you ? "

" No way."

"yes way, dumbnuts. Ya think I was actually a purple bunny irl ?" 

Suddenly, Jax pulled out a mirror from.....somewhere.....and shoved it into my face.

I came face to face with a black and white doll composed of Sharpe edges and triangles. 

My nose was a circle while my eyes were ovals with triangular eyebrows raised in shock. I looked like one of Picasso's weird paintings come to life but, without any colour. I was wearing an oversized coat in a shade of grey with a black shirt and shorts underneath. My shoes were normal enough ( a pair of crocs ) within another shade of monochrome grey. My hair was short and messy in a tuft of black. I looked.....depressing. 

Well, this couldn't be good for my psyche.

" So...Myrrh, How d'ya feel about your new look. Ya like the fifty shades of grey ? "

" *&$# you, Jax . " I glared with my dark obsidian eyes at Jax.

" Oh ! You wound me . " Jax said in a tone dripping with sarcasm.

" Whatever. See ya later, toots. "

After saying that, I watched as he headed back to the main corridor and out of sight.

What a nightmare.

First I  get trapped in some digital prison of bright colours, then I find out that I look like the personification of depression ! 

This was so.....new........

There was something going on here.....

The purple guy.....I mean Jax probably doesn't know much more than the rest of the weirdos who have been stuck in the circus for god knows how long. But, that Caine guy is the ringmaster....definitely the admin of this digital landscape, albeit an AI. Maybe, if I reason enough....I could find a loophole in his code that could make him accidentally let slip about a possible exit.....? Worth a shot.

I opened the door with my....new face on it and locked it behind me.

Inside the room, thankfully, there was a lot more colour than the black and white shades on my body. The colours weren't too bright either. They were an amalgam of violet, pink and indigo in lighter and darker shades. There were shelves filled with books that I had already read.