TALKING DENTURES BIT OFF MORE THAN HE COULD CHEW

I was in a circus.

 One moment I was putting on my VR headset and in the next, I had high-dived into a colourful circus tent. There was loud music playing all around me with a corny opening song, like the kind you'd find in kids cartoon shows. Nothing made sense. I tried to backtrack but kept blanking. 

I DID NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING !!!!!

Not even my name !!!!

I started hyperventilating and backed into something, causing me to fall backwards. A series of 'oof' and 'ouch' and 'hey !' was heard behind me.

" WELL HELLO !!!! LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A NEW MEMBER FOR THE DIGITAL CIRCUS !!", exclaimed a set of dentures with eyes ????? 

He was dressed as a ringleader, sporting a red tuxedo with a black collar and bowtie. He was wearing a white undershirt with two red buttons on it, alongside white gloves and black leggings. Lacking most human features, his head consisted of a large jaw resembling a wind-up chattering teeth toy with pearly white teeth and red gums. His eyes, the left one with a green iris and the right one with a blue iris, were floating inside the jaw. To cap it off, he was wearing a black top hat and was holding a gold-tipped baton.

 " Great, its a new member so we're gonna have to do the whole theme song again.", grumbled a purple knock off Bugs Bunny from behind. 

He appeared to be a purple cartoon rabbit. long purple ears on top of his head, and his overall build is tall and slender. He had black eyes with square pupils, and his sclerae and teeth were both yellow. He was wearing light pink overalls and yellow gloves. His overalls had yellow buttons on them and also a single rectangular pocket on the front.

" What is going on ???!!!! Who are you peop.....anima.......denture.......things??!!!!"

" WE ARE THE MEMBERS OF THE AMAZING DIGITAL CIRCUS, OF COURSE ! ", The dentures said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

" MY NAME IS CAINE ! WHAT IS YOURS MY DEAR ? "

" I don't really know.....Why can't I REMEMBER anything ???!!!!

" WELL.....I EXPECTED THAT. YOU SEE, NO ONE WHO COMES HERE REMEMBERS ANYTHING. YOUR MINDS ARE THE ONE THING I CANNOT CONTROL."

" Wha....I don't understand ? What's going on ?? I want my memories back ! I want to go home....wherever that is. I know its not this place, that's for sure !!!"

" THERE IS NO WAY BACK, YOU KNOW. YOU PUT ON YOUR HEADSET, NOW YOUR ETERNITY IS THIS !!!". Saying that, the smartly dressed set of dentures proceeded to wave at everything before me, including the zany characters that I didn't pay much attention to earlier on account of me losing my mind !!!

" That was the vaguest answer I've ever heard. You didn't tell me anything that I wanted to know.

" WHATEVER YOU WANT TO SAY, YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT BECAUSE I'M NOT HAVING A CONVERSATION WHERE I DON'T KNOW THE OTHER'S NAME."

" I thought I told you, CAINE. I don't remember jack s%*!......What the...."

" YOU CANNOT CURSE HERE, MY DEAR. ALSO, IF YOU DO NOT REMEMBER YOUR NAME I CAN GIVE YOU A NEW ONE!!"

Suddenly, a giant 5-letter slot machine appeared out of thin air right next to Caine. Quickly, Caine pulled the handle and five letters appeared on each of its slot : M Y R R H.

" Myrrh....?"

" MYRRH !! THAT'S WHAT WE WILL CALL YOU FROM NOW ON ! "

" So, now will you properly address my questions, Caine....?" I was so fu#@*ng p!$$ed that my voice was dripping with sarcasm and venom. But, I had to keep it under control. Clearly, Caine was the only one with actual answers in this place, as he seemed to look like the one in charge. He was literally dressed as a ringmaster, in a circus !