Chapter 2: First Valentine's Disco

Author notes:
Thank you to my beta reader for helping me. Rebecca Cross is my own character.

—————————————————————————

First Valentine's Disco

It was Valentine's Day at Wharton school, and everyone was getting ready for the Valentine's disco.

Well all most everyone. Alan Tracy was thinking about who he should take to the disco.

"Hey Alan, what are you doing?"

"Hi Gordon, I was thinking who I should take to the Valentine's disco."

It's ready hard to get a girl on her own and ask them."

Gordon was about to say something else until a new girl walked into the classroom.

"Who is that?" Gordon asked

is Rebecca Cross she the new girl to the school," answered Alan

"Why don't you ask her to the disco?"

"No, she's probably already going with someone."

"Well ask her anyway, Alan then that way you will know if she is going with anyone or no

"Ok I will ask her this afternoon."

Later that afternoon Alan got Rebecca on her own.

"Rebecca," Alan said, timidly approaching her at her locker, "I know that you are new to the school and everything it's just . . ."

"It's just what Alan?" Asked Rebecca as she deposited the books she needed for next period into her bag.

"Will you go to the Valentine's disco with me"?

Alan nervously wrung his hands,

Rebecca thought for a second. She turned to look at Alan, a thoughtful expression in her eyes. Then she smiled brightly.

"Yes I will go to the disco with you."

Alan looked at Rebecca and smiled back.

"You wil

Yes, Alan I will. Nobody at my old school ever asked me out to school and that."

Alan put his hand on her shoulder.

"You are here now at your new school and you don't have to worry about your old one."

"Thanks Alan."

"you're welcome."

"What time do you what me to pick you up?"

Rebecca looked at him. Seven pm and don't be late."

"I won't be late."

Later that evening, seven pm on the dot Alan picked up Rebecca from her house and Rebecca's father had a few little words with Alan. After that they when to the Valentine's disco and they danced the night way.