"That's not why. I just, I don't want to be dealing with him anymore. I've gone 2 years without talking to him. What's one more?"

Haru sighed at his girlfriend, "Maybe but, he clearly misses your friendship. If I were him, I'd be doing the same. Especially if you've moved on. Why not just be his friend again? You don't have to get too close obviously but being friendly isn't a bad thing."

"Haru, why are you pushing me into being his friend?"

"Because, it's only happened twice now but seeing him be this persistent makes me feel bad. But, it's your choice. I'm just letting you know that I don't mind."

She eyed him a second before leaning in and placing a kiss on his cheek, "Well, either way, thanks for being so mature about this."

"It's not like I really have a choice. If I become an asshole about this, then there'd be a good chance you dump me which I don't want. So, I figured being understanding is the path to take."

Y/N let out a loud laugh, "I'm not gonna dump you. I think I would understand it more if you were an asshole about this. But that's not an invitation to become one."

He laughed as well, "Dont worry, I won't. Again, I don't want you to break up with me. I like you too much for that."

Her lips pressed into a thin line at his usage of the word "like".

She stood up, wrapping her bag strap over her shoulder and holding the bag Oikawa gave her, "Walk me to class?"

"Of course!"

He grabbed her hand as they made their way to her homeroom. He reminded her about having a class with Oikawa and telling her to be nice and that she was probably hurting his feelings with all this rudeness.

Though, it's not like she can straight up tell her boyfriend that she's only rude to push him away because she was terrified to catch feelings again.

In the two times that they've talked, she hasn't felt anything but, she's still scared.

Once in front of her class, he gave her a quick little kiss and left to his own. She silent walked in and immediately sat at her desk.

She then checked the clock.

There was still a good 10 minutes before class started.

Sighing, she rested her chin in the palm of her hand. All there was to do now was wait.

A couple minutes passed before Oikawa finally walked in, leaving his fangirls outside.

He sat in his seat and looked at Y/N from the corner of his eye for a second before putting his head down.

Her eyes rolled.

But, then she remembered her boyfriend told her to play nice.

After having a mini fight in her head, she turned her body towards him, "Oikawa, I want us to be friends again."

His head immediately perked up and he looked at her, "Are you serious? Like actually?"

Giving him a smile, she nodded, "Youre right, I do miss you and I miss Hajime too. And I was told I'm being quite the bitch so..."

"A little, yeah."

"Hey!"

"But! It's okay, I forgive you."

Her face softened, "However, I don't think we can be as close as we used to be. It might be a bit hard going back to that."

"I guess I understand. But, by being friends again, that means if I invite you to hang out, you will, right?"

She laughed a bit, "Sure."

"Great! So then you can come hang out at my place after school!"

"Wait, what? I didn't mean to-"

"Alright class! Settle in your seats come on!" Their teacher interrupted her as he walked in.

Feeling defeated, she slumped in her chair.

Hopefully her boyfriend will be understanding about this as well.

𑁍-''-𐦍