Chapter 2

We've Met Before // Reader x Choso fanfiction

CH 2...Little do you know that you and Choso were lovers in a past life. Nobara's friend, Yuji Itadori, has been missing, and you realize it might be connected to the latest string of murders around Tokyo. Meanwhile, your lying, cheating ex Sukuna, is running around freely, and trying to disrupt any semblance of finding love in your life.

Tags: This fic has CURSES and SORCERERS, but the characters are also students at JUJUTSU UNIVERSITY // ~1.1k

Warnings: Power dynamics, mentions of possible assault, blood & canon violence

Your head pounds as you blink bleary-eyed. You see red curtains fluttering above your head, soft winter sunlight hitting your skin. Your heart sinks quickly; This is Sukuna's room.

That familiar lilting, deep and rumbly voice sounds like music in the room, "Hey sweetheart, you're finally up. Did you miss me?"

You feel your anxiety rush through your blood as you fling off his black blanket— relieved to see you're still in the same clothes as last night— and you jump off from his bed, landing on your feet.

"What the hell am I doing here?" You hiss, eyeing the door. The worst thoughts fly through your head— Did he drug you while you were asleep? Did he touch you? Why did you wake up here? What happened last night? Your head feels too fuzzy, and you're scared.

Sukuna just stares lazily at you and smiles, unspeaking, as he files his dark purple nails.

"Sukuna!" You screech— eyes frenzied— and somewhere deep down, you realize just how much control he has over you. "Why. Am. I. Here." You punctuate your words, adrenaline coursing through your veins.

"Oh sweetheart," Sukuna says smugly, finally replying, the nail file still shaving away at his thumb. "You have such a strange way of thanking the one who saved you from a murderer last night."

You blanch, memories of last night flooding back: the girl screaming on the floor, in a pool of her own blood.

"Wh–what happened?"

Sukuna shrugs, before setting the nail file down on the table with a satisfying tchk.

"A girl had both her arms torn off at a party. It was done so quickly that nobody knows who it was or how it happened. Seems she was one more body in the string of kills by the Limb Ripper, the one that's been attacking this neighborhood this past month."

"Yes," you swallow thickly, pain clouding your eyes. "She— she's—"

"Dead."

You feel like you're going to hurl.

"But I saved you," Sukuna says, cocking his head as he looks expectantly at you with lidded eyes.

"Saved me?" You ask, half disgusted and scared that Sukuna is holding this over you, half grateful and curious about how you got out after fainting by the exit. Oddly, you feel fine— not a single bruise aching on your skin. Shouldn't I have been trampled?