Cola and Tea

After every shift at the café, I usually go out to walk by the sea shore. I like the sound of ocean waves and it's cold breeze, and the warmth my jacket gives after the wind.

I do it because I'm alone with my own little world, own little thoughts, no one to bother me while I watch the sunset.

I like thinking about various things. I like thinking about tea blends, I like thinking about clothes, I like thinking about my brother.

It makes me happy knowing I'm doing something to help him despite our situation. I like thinking about things that make me happy and make me sad. That to me right there is what I call "peace".

However this peace of mine would start to change. Recently, I keep meeting a guy named Cola who happens to take the same route by the sea for a stroll. He jogs here morning and afternoon and he's also a good customer at our cafe.

The more we meet the closer we've become. Not exactly friends but acquaintances. He's quite handsome though, and he's charming especially in his jog wear. Oh what am I saying I sound like a creep. But yeah.

Apparently he loves my tea blends and even asked me to make him an original one exclusive for him not so long ago. He said he'd pay me extra but I refused. I like tea because it's my passion and I love sharing it. I wouldn't want it to be a money thing.

I accepted but I didn't take the extra offer part basically.

He was incredibly happy and now here I am stumped at what tea blend I can make him. I want a tea that can resemble him but I lack information.
I don't know him enough so I might hold it off until I do.

I really wanna be more active as an employee in the cafe so I can get to know him and my other customers more but.. I have to take care of my brother.

We're alone in this house after all.

"I'll do my best" I said to myself.

The next morning, at work, the first customer came.

The door bell jingled as it opened and there he was.

"Heya!" He yelled lightly.

A boy in jeans wearing a crop top jacket and a sleeveless shirt underneath. He has dark skin and dark brown hair. He had charm like no other.

"Hey!" I replied.

I came to him as soon as he walked in and asked about my concern. I leaned towards him and asked

"Hey, Mr. Cola, about the tea blend, if it's okay with you, can I hold it off for a bit? I'd like a tea that you prefer so you'll love it and I'd like to know you better before I craft it."

Surprised, Cola started to stutter but he was okay with it.

"O-oh of course! I uhm I. I mean yeah!"

"Thank you!"
I replied.

Out of a sudden he asked me a question right as I was about to turn around.

"Would you.. like to be friends with me?"

Surprised, I turned around and immediately, I slammed my hand against the door behind him and I leaned in even closer. My smile was too big and I couldn't keep my joy, I said

"YES!"

in excitement.

"O-oh um I hope we can get along!!"

"Mhm!"

And that was the start of our great friendship.