Chapter 12: Contrasts of Loyalty & Revenge.

Start from the beginning

(For those wondering this is a reference to one of my own works, Ray gave me permission to make a reference to it. Thanks Ray! - UltimateGoomba)

(Ray: You're welcome.)

With the traitors, May managed to get to where her friend group was with Cilan, Clemont, Kiawe, Lana, Mallow, Misty, Sophocles, and Tracey all still part of the traitor group. Brock and Dawn leaving was expected but they had a feeling they wouldn't be staying long, especially after Professor Oak passed away who was the only one threatening Brock's doctor career, and Dawn's family miraculously had all the money transferred to a different account under their noses and deactivated the old one so they couldn't trace the new one.

Meanwhile on the other side of the large room, Brock, Max, Dawn, Iris, Bonnie, Goh, Chloe, and Susanna, were just done ordering what they wanted to eat from the feast. Dawn was happy that her old friend Chloe had decided what path she wanted.

"So, I'm just going to say this, me and Chloe didn't want to participate in the tournament, but the royal family is allowing us to pick two people to battle in a tag battle later." Goh announced to their group, as they wondered how this would turn out.

After around 30 minutes, Susanna was brought over to the Ketchum family to spectate the tag battle, as Goh and Chloe were trying to decide who they would battle. Eventually, they decided on Kiawe and Lana.

"Alright Sandy, you're up!" Lana exclaimed as she sent out her Eevee with a strange haircut, she figured an Eevee vs Eevee clash would go well.

"Turtonator, let's go!" Kiawe shouted, sending out his Alolan Fire/Dragon Pokémon, it seemed ready to make an absolute joke out of Goh's Partner once more.

"Cinderace, it's time to show them how far we have come!" Goh declared, giving Cinderace a high-five before Cinderace jumped on the field.

"Vee, let's do this!" Chloe exclaimed with determination as her partner Eevee rushed to Cinderace's side.

"Alright, use Fire Punch!" Goh ordered, as Vee went for Sparkly Swirl to keep Turtonator at bay so Cinderace landed a big hit on Sandy.

"Use Buzzy Buzz now!" Chloe ordered as Vee launched this electric laser at Turtonator, who blocked it with Dragon Pulse to block it, followed by a Lash Out to smack around Cinderace a bit, and while Cinderace attempted a Low Sweep to fight back, he hit the Shell Trap which sent him flying to where Sandy could land a Double Edge!

"You won't beat us that quick, Lana." Chloe declared as she nodded at her partner with a determined look, "Copycat!" Vee suddenly copied the move Double Edge and rammed head first into Sandy, Goh then had Cinderace land a direct Low Sweep into Turtonator's stomach, dealing major damage!

"You still aren't going to take us down," Kiawe scuffed, "Turtonator, use Dragon Pulse on Chloe's Eevee!" Turtonator nods and launches the attack at Vee.

"You underestimate us, Sparkly Jump!" Chloe commanded, as Vee used Sparkly Swirl at the ground to jump upwards to avoid the Dragon Pulse, "Now Buzzy Buzz!" Vee then used her Electric Attack at Sandy which Paralyzed. This allowed Cinderace to launch a Pyro Ball at Lana's nicknamed Eevee. Poor Sandy was unable to dodge in time due to the Paralysis, causing him to go down.

"Yes! One down, one to go!" Goh exclaimed in excitement, "Chloe, leave the rest of this to me, okay dear?"

"Of course, honey." Chloe giggled while giving Goh a kiss on the cheek before heading back to take a seat, "Go get him!"

"You want to fight alone with a double disadvantage? Alright then..." Kiawe sighed, "Time to finish this." He pulls out his Z-Ring and Firium Z, as Goh smirked and showed his own Z-Ring and Fire Z-Crystal, shocking the traitor group.

"What do you think Kiawe?" Goh chuckled, "I was able to get my own Firium Z for me and Cinderace. I know I may have a lot of Pokémon in my possession, but I care for every single one of them, even when I don't show it. Ash was able to open up my heart to become friends with any Pokémon, and ever since I met Cinderace as a Scorbunny, my love for Pokémon always got stronger and stronger overtime...! Cinderace, it's time to show Kiawe how much stronger as partners we've become!"

"Got it!" Cinderace in Poke-Speech agreed as they started to do the Fire Type Z-Move pose, as both said in unison, "Alright, let's Go, hearts fully in sync, and maximum power!"

"Cinderace, let's reach for the sky, use Inferno Overdrive!" Goh exclaimed, as Cinderace had a massive fire ball appear from kicks before one final kick to send it at the opponent. While Kiawe and Turtonator did their Z-Move, Goh and Cinderace's attack was able to power through, and take out Turtonator. After proper handshakes between them, they went back to their seats.

"Wow, seems like they're way stronger than before..." Mallow sighed, as Clemont nodded, as Sophocles continued by saying, "You know, I feel like Goh and Chloe fit each other pretty well, but still it's unfortunate they chose Ash over all of us."

"Yeah, I'm still kind of embarrassed by how easily I lost that contest match..." May groaned, "It also stings for me and Clemont who had family betray us too.."

"Me and you are going to batter against them on day 5 of the tournament, so we should be capable of beating them!" Clemont declared, "I still have some tricks up my sleeve for a battle with my sister!"

"Anyways, you'll have to still be ready for the battles tomorrow." Misty sighed as the ones still in the tournament nodded and continued to eat. Back with the Ketchum family, they were talking about the battles for tomorrow.

"So Red," Serena stated, "you're going to battle Gladion tomorrow, nervous?"

"A bit, but I'll be fine." Ash declared, as Delia giggled at her son's determined look. The rest of the feast was a blast for everyone, as they eventually went back to all their apartments for the night. Dawn and Brock also were able to secretly catch up to them to talk to Ash.

"Well, this was bound to happen eventually..." Ash sighed, as Brock and Dawn lowered their heads in shame, "I already know about the whole blackmailing thing, I'm deeply sorry I wasn't able to get you guys out of that predicament when you needed me the most."

"It's alright Ash, if you still hate us, we understand," Dawn sighed, "we just wanted to officially say our apologies for making you and Lillie suffer from all that..."

"Yeah, what we did was wrong, and we know that you probably want us out of your life." Brock stated, "We can never take back what we said fully, but I hope that someday we can be friends again."

Ash sighed, "Well, I'd have to thing about it, just don't do it again you guys." The three share a hug, as Ash picks up Pikachu, Snowy, and Lillie before heading back to his VIP room, as Dawn and Brock went their separate ways too. When they were going to sleep, Golly decided to stare into the star filled sky, thinking about the friends she met earlier that day..

"Thinking about that alternate world?" Ash whispered to Golly, who was startled, but nodded, "You know, I have to respect the kids, they didn't go through with a whole revenge plan against the ones who wronged them, that takes some guts to fight against your wrath and desire for vengeance. Shows how much they truly cared about others." Golly gave another nod, as the two siblings looked up at the night sky together, before eventually heading to their beds.