Levi sighed and gave up any hope of being comfortable on the ride to school since Hanji was taking up so much space.
"Levi! Can you believe we're about to graduate?"
"Nope."
Hanji giggled and she wrapped an arm around him playfully.
"Levi, you should make the most out of these last couple of days. I know deep deep DEEEEEP down inside you're gonna miss our little squad at school."
Hanji poked Levi's chest over his heart and smiled.
"Did you figure out what you wanted to do after graduation? You can't be a bum. "

Levi shifted, it always made him uncomfortable talking about his future mainly because he hadn't even begun to plan it out.
"No. Not yet."
"You know I'm here to help you..."
"Yeah."
Hanji noticed that he was looking down, an indicator she's picked up after knowing him for years that he was uncomfortable. She exhaled and looked out the window.
"You know Levi...it's not too late to apply to the college I'm going to..."

"Hanji, I don't want to be in the CSI like you. I don't want to be like you."
Hanji felt a small pang in her heart. She knew he didn't mean it the way it sounded but it still hurt to hear.
Levi looked over and immediately regretted what he said, he felt lost for words.
"H..Hanji...I...didn't..I.."
"It's fine. Don't worry about it." She turned to face him and gave him a small smile. Levi felt a bit better, she had been his friend since the first grade, the only one to ever approach him and want to be around him. When a group of kids were daring each other to approach Levi, Hanji threw her entire milk carton at them and went up and asked Levi if he's ever had a bologna sandwich, because apparently at the time, Bologna was the best thing since Vienna sausage.
Levi chuckled quietly to himself as he thought about the memory.

"Alright you shits we're here."
Kenny did a hard break causing Hanji and Levi to jerk forward.
"Gah Kenny! Jesus what the hell is wrong with you?!" Levi growled and unbuckled his seatbelt.
"Thanks for the ride Mr. Kenny! See ya!"
"Later losers."
Levi and Hanji hopped out of the truck and Kenny leaned over to them a bit.
"Hey brat, I'm gonna be home tomorrow evening. We've got work to catch up on in the mines. If you want dinner but don't want to cook just go to Hanji's. Go get laid or something too."
Levi slammed the door and stuck his middle finger up.
"AND DONT BE LATE FOR SCHOOL TOMORROW OR I'LL KICK YER ASS!"
And with that Kenny sped off.
Levi growled and clenched his fists.
Hanji put her hand on his shoulder.
"Hey...he's a real jokester isn't he?" She chuckled.
"No, he's a dumbass and needs to mind his own damn business."
Hanji squeezed his shoulder slightly and straightened out her dark grey school skirt.
"There's almost no one here.." Hanji did a full 360 turn and raised her arms, her voice bellowing as the sun was rising
"YAAAHHOOOOOO!"
Levi covered his ears and rolled his eyes.
"Hey keep it down! Just because you don't see anyone in our radius doesn't mean people can't hear your loud ass voice from inside the buildings!
"Levi loosen up my friend! Everything's fine! Come on! Let's go inside! I'm almost sure Mr. Smith is here!"
Levi's eyes slightly widened at hearing his history teachers' name.
"Yeah...yeah alright let's go." He and Hanji made their way inside and walked down the long hallway. They made the next right and passed door after door until they got to the end where the last door was open.
Hanji slightly knocked and walked in, Levi followed.
"Morning Mr. Smith!" Hanji beamed and sat on a desk.
Mr. Smith looked up from his desk where he was looking over his lesson plan for the day.
"Well aren't you cheery for being here half an hour before school starts."
The man in his late twenties had a deep, rustic voice that matched his big, fit stature. He was blonde with dark brown eyebrows, reminded Levi and Hanji of a California surfer. But in a more professional sense.
Mr. Smith stood up, his dark grey slacks perfectly tailored to him and his lighter grey button up and black tie made him look like he worked in a top notch corporation. Which made Levi wonder a lot why he was working at their shitty private school.
"Levi."
"Erwin."
"Hah." Erwin chuckled and gave a sly smile.
"Still the only person brave enough to call me by my first name. I admire that."
Levi nodded and made his way to Erwin's desk and sat in the large black roller chair.
"Hey Mr. Smith." Hanji picked at a small scratch on the desk.
"Why aren't you a male model or something? Why do you teach here?"
Levi looked in Erwin's direction, Interested in the answer.
"Well, I know a lot of things. History has always been my favorite subject. I spent four years in the Marines and all I ever wanted to do was learn about the history of the military."
Erwin went and sat on the corner of his desk and crossed his arms.
"I figured maybe I was suited to teach. So after my service was done, I went to become a teacher. That's all." He turned and smirked at Levi.
"I think I made a pretty good choice. Don't you?"
Levi kept his eyes locked onto Erwin's bright clue eyes.
"Yeah."

"H...hi..." A weak voice came from the door. All three of them turned to see a young boy, short brown hair and bright green eyes.
"I'm so sorry...I was um, sitting in the hall, and I was a bit bored so I was wondering if it was okay if I could come hang out in here too?"
"No." Levi shot daggers at the boy with his eyes and harsh tone.
"Yes! Come on in! Don't mind the grinch!" Hanji patted the desk next to her.
"What's your name?" Asked Erwin.
The young boy slowly walked to the desk next to Hanji and smiled.
"It's Eren."
Levi rubbed his temple and started digging through Erwin's drawers.
"Hey Erwin. Have you graded the finals yet?"
"Almost all done. Why?"
"What's my mark?"
"Can't say until I've graded all the papers."
"Erwin don't be a sap. Tell me. You know I barely talk to people besides shitty glasses and the few friends she has."
"Alright." He smirked.
"You missed one question."
"Yeah. I know. I didn't want to make you think I was some stellar student when we know that's not my style."
Erwin chuckled and winked at Levi.
"I admire your modesty."

Ten minutes rolled by as Eren, Hanji and Erwin went on to talk about democrats and republicans and Levi stayed in the chair, staring at them all.

They all get along so easily...and I just can't help but feel like I don't belong. Even with shitty glasses here.

Levi zoned out and his head popped up upon hearing the bell ring.
Hanji jumped up and shook Erens' hand.
"Nice talking to you Eren! Come find us at lunch in the science room if you ever want to talk!"
Eren nodded and started walking to the door, taking a look back at Levi, his face full of curiosity. Levi shifted his eyes away from Eren and tapped his foot. Eren sighed and walked out.
"He's a sweet kid, Levi you should try to be more social."
"Don't tell me what to do."
Levi stood up and stretched.
"Levi you didn't bring your bag?"
Erwin raised an eyebrow.
"Why would I need to? There's nothing going on these last two days."
"There's a pop quiz in my class today."
"You're the only bastard on campus who would do that." Levi smirked and walked with Hanji to the door.
"See you later Ackerman."
"Whatever."
Hanji poked Levi's side and hooked her arm with his.
"You in love with Mr. Smith?" She said playfully.
"Don't be weird, four eyes."
"Oh please, I know you think I'm totally hot with my glasses." She winked and nudged him.
Levi let out a small chuckle as they approached the room to their first period.
"Ready Freddy? " Hanji gripped the door handle.
"Ready as I'll ever be. Welcome to hell."

Hope you enjoyed this part! I felt anxious to start something and I was afraid of dragging it out. But the next part will go on to each class and be ready to see some of your favorite ships!