ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝟙𝟘𝟙

I woke up to the feeling of my index finger, for whatever reason, wet and moist. I realized that little Sooga had put my finger in his mouth while he was asleep. Not the biggest deal, as I can just wash the slobber off. I picked him up and wiped the slobber off his face with the blanket and layed him down in the same basket I found him in. I sat the basket down on the rug in my bathroom and washed my hands in my sink.

I didn't want to wake him up, as he looked so peaceful as he slept. The poor thing has been through a lot for Calamity knows how long, and now he's got this whole change of scenery and a father fifteen of age. I wouldn't blame him for feeling scared or anxious, because I would too. Even though he's a small baby, I relate to him so much, and I still don't understand how and why. A spiritual connection? Fate, perhaps?

As I dried my hands, I turned around to see if Sooga was still asleep, but he just so happened to be staring right back at me, quiet as a mouse. It's almost as if my presence is as soothing as the smell of lavender. No, I don't smell like lavender, if you were wondering. I smell like bananas.

Anyways, he looked up at me and then raised his hands in the air and made a grabbing motion with them. I assumed he wanted me to pick him up, so I did. He then reached for my mask and tried to remove it, probably to gnaw on it, as he didn't have teeth yet. I removed it myself so he could actually see my face for once. It puzzles me how he wasn't scared of me with my mask on.

When I removed it, he put his hands to my cheeks and cooed. I had a dorky smile plastered on my face when he did so. It was a very pleasant feeling, also very cute that he wasn't afraid of my face, which, for some reason I expected.

I then held him in a cradling position and took him back to the bed and sat his basket on my tatami bed, then setting him inside the basket again. I went and grabbed my uniform and belt, getting my scarf and eightfold blade. I picked him up again and began to walk to the dining hall, awaiting breakfast.

Lucca was awaiting me at the entrance to the dining hall, like always. Since today is my birthday, I likely will get to choose all the food for today, which I'm excited about.

"I see you're awake, young master," Lucca had his arms folded.
"Yes, and I'd like to get into the kitchen, please," I said, trying to go past him.
"What do you need from there? You can just tell me what you'd like for breakfast."

"I'm not trying to get food for myself. I'm trying to get food for Sooga," I pointed at him, Sooga then grabbing my finger and gnawing on it.
"It seems he's hungry for your finger, young master," Lucca teased, which, in reply, I scoffed at him.

"Can't you just get me a glass of milk? I'm sure that would be enough for him to have for now," I adjusted my grip on Sooga as I spoke.
"As you wish, but don't forget to feed yourself too, young master," He led me to the fridge to get some milk for Sooga.

I opened the fridge and got the glass bottle of milk out and screwed on the plastic nipple of the bottle. Luckily we still had baby supplies from when I was little, so we had the plastic nipple handy.

I then took Sooga to the dining hall in my arms and sat in one of the more comfortable cushions. I began holding him in a cradling position and held the bottle up to his face, the plastic nipple near his lips as I waited for him to grab it with his tiny mouth.

He bit it first, then began to drink slowly. He put his tiny hands on the bottle to stabilize it, as I put my right hand on the bottom of the bottle to help him. It seemed he wasn't unfamiliar with the bottle, so that lead me to believe his former parents at least tried wean him from his former mother's breastmilk.

"That's good stuff, huh?" I chuckled at Sooga's dazed face, "You milk drunk, Sooga? Heheh.."

He cooed at me as he drank the milk, moving his legs a bit too. I lightly brushed his cheek with my knuckles, making him giggle a bit as he drank, a smile appearing on his face then fading back away.