"Oh Aria, my darling I missed you so much." Petunia replied by kissing her on the forehead before letting the prep team in. "We don't have much time before the live and our departure for District 12. We need to be quick to make you the prettiest Victor we ever seen for the tour."

With that in mind, the preparation began. Makeup, clothes and shoes were flying around as they tried to find the perfect match. When a stylist approached her with ribbons, her heart leapt. She didn't wear them anymore, because it brought back bad memories.

"Do I have to wear ribbons? I don't think it suits me anymore."

"My dear, putting ribbons in your hair is the new fashion because of you. You must honour your signature. Don't worry, they know what they are doing." Petunia may have been right, but her anxiety was not. Her hands grew sweaty and she tried harder than anything to keep her breathing as steady as possible. Not being able to say no, how the next three weeks would be?

The walk to the station was quick. Her team didn't like the poverty and smells of her district. Aria waited outside while Clove had to be inside. Cameras and lights had already been assembled. Petunia told her not to worry and to focus on one thing: Clove.

"We're live in three, two, one..now!" A man shouted.

The train doors opened and Aria walked towards them. Clove Kentwell stood before her with the confidence of a true career woman and her popular smirk. Her hair was slicked back for the occasion and fell to her lower back.

"Hey-"

Aria tried to say, but Clove cut her off by placing her lips against hers. It was strange to kiss someone with whom you'd had an affinity after so long. They had never given themselves a label.

"I miss the taste of your lips." Clove whispered to her, enough for Panem to hear when they broke apart.

"I-I miss you." Their gaze never leaving the other.

"Oh, sorry to interrupt our lovebirds." They left each other eyes to look at the camera from where they heard the voice of Caesar. "I am sure both of you are excited for the up-coming tour. How has it been in your district?

"I've been surround by glory and I am honour to have represent my district and my family. The Hunger Games build you to become a strong and exceptional person. Because of them I met Aria and I will never be more thankful." Clove's speech was impeccable. Aria hated when she did that. Transform herself to the career she was, she didn't seem to mean every words she was saying, although The Capitol won't notice it.

"Thanks to the generosity of The Capitol. I've never been great." She didn't know what to say. An awkward silence was set before Caesar explained their journey from district to district.

Inside the train, Clove's mentors were talking to her and her expression showed that she wanted to be anywhere but here. Petunia and the rest of the team were talking about the new fashions of the Capitol, things the redhead didn't want to know. Since everyone was busy, she decided to wander around the train from car to car until she landed at the last door that opened onto a giant window that showed her home one last time. How was she going to make this journey without support? The mentors in District 2 didn't seem to like her, especially the woman. Outside, the citizens were doing their chores for the day without much thought that the girl was sad to leave.

"Is that a tear I see running down your cheek? Do you want a hug?" A voice said mockingly

Aria thought she was hallucinating at first. A smile appeared when she realized it was real. A laugh like that, as dark as it was funny, belonged to only one person. Behind her was her moral support, her helper, her friend.

"How? I thought you'd never get on that train again."

"Only fools don't change their minds." Joy radiated around her. She jumped on his arm. "Ginger, you know how I hate hug."

The redhead heard her heart beating a thousand times a minute and saw her body shaking. Wright tried not to show it, but getting on that train scared the hell out of her. Every place reminded him of the Tributes he trained not to return. The remorse was even greater here.

"What about your promise?"

"Promises are meant to be broken."

Author's note
It's been a long time!
All the votes and comments on both of my books really motivate me to not discontinued the sequel hahaha, I hope you enjoy and thank you for everything.