Chapter 25: Goodbye

Liam's POV,

Two pairs of feet approached where I was and traveled the hallway at a brisk walk. I'm sitting now and I was looking down at the floor and was dumbfounded then there was still a tear streaming down my cheek and I saw two feet stop where I was. When I looked up, I got a strong slap from an elderly woman.

Her face was full of wrath and her face couldn't be painted.

"I entrusted you with my daughter, I told you to watch over her carefully and not to harm her but what did you do?" Tita shouted at me.

"I'm sorry tita, I didn't think this would happen." I said and stood up.

"Will anything change when you say sorry?" She said as she hit me many times in my chest

"That's enough Amelia!" Uncle shouted Theodor to his wife.

"I don't know if I can forgive you if something happens to my only daughter."

"I'm really sorry I didn't do anything to protect her," I said softly but in pain.

She was about to slap me again but Uncle Theodore easily grabbed his wrist and said, "Please, enough Amelia your anger against Liam won't do anything."

"Uncle, I'm really really sorry."

Uncle Theodore looked at me and said, "We need to talk, and Amelia please calm down yourself here."

Tita Amelia sat and massaged her forehead because of disappointment and impatiently waited for the doctor inside the operating room.

We went to a corner and there I cried and fell to my knees, " I'm really sorry uncle."

"Stand up, I'm not mad at you I know you did everything."

I nodded and stood up and wiped the tears that flowed from my eyes. I came back and sat next to Tita. I apologized to her again and she ignored me but I continued to speak.

"Tita, I will do everything as long as you forgive me." That's when I got her attention and then she looked at me.

"Will you really do it?

"Yes."

"Okay, when her operation gets successful and when she wakes up, don't ever show it to her. I never want my daughter to be harmed because of you."

"But Tita, I love your daughter very much and I promised her that I would marry her, just make me do something else, just don't do that.

"You choose, I'll hate you for the rest of my life or will you stay away from my daughter?"

"Amelia, what you're making Liam do is too difficult, our daughter can't handle being a part of her lover," Theodore said.

"Okay tita, I'll agree with what you want."

I went out first to breathe fresh air I could never do what her mom made me do. But I will still see her while she is sleeping. It was very difficult for me, I suffered for ten months and gathered the strength and power to take Samantha back, but this is it again.

Why does the world seem to not want me to be with the girl I love the most?

When I experienced suffering at the hands of Matthew, all I could think about was Samantha. I will follow everything Matthew wants until I decide to change my life because I still have a woman to go back to.

The day I got her I was happy because I could finally hug her and serve her. Every morning I can be able to see her angelic face that strengthens me, but in an instant, everything is gone.

What I want is very simple but why are so many people objecting? Why does the world seem to not want me to be happy?

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "I hope everything will be okay," I whispered.

"Sir," a voice from behind shattered my thoughts.

I looked at it and saw Jake getting closer to me, "The doctor who operated on Sam has come out."

I didn't answer him so I went straight there. I arrived quickly and saw that the doctor was already explaining to Samantha's parents.

"The bullet hit her hard, I don't know when the exact day she will wake up but he is in a coma for about one or two months before she wakes up."

After the doctor's explanation, I felt very weak because of why it took so long, but that's okay than losing her to me forever and I saw Samantha's mother crying.

"Be strong, your daughter will recover." Doctor said.

The doctor left and we immediately went straight to where Samantha was. I looked at Samantha who was sleeping soundly. A dextrose was attached to her.

Tita and uncle were on the side of the bed of Samantha, when I came closer, Tita was still crying.

"Ti-tita." I stuttered.

Tita turned her back to me and took a deep breath, "Leave us first, just let us take care of our daughter " Her voice was raspy.

My heart was squeezed by what she said because I wanted to watch over her. Then I just didn't respond to what she said and I left quietly.

****

I went home to my main house here in the city. I went straight to the kitchen to get something to drink. I want to get drunk, I want to pour out all my pain tonight.

After a few minutes, I had drunk a lot of alcohol in the middle of my drinking, I felt footsteps approaching me. I looked at it and said, "What are you doing here?"

"Liam I know what happened to you, I'm here to help you, I'm scared maybe you might do something bad to yourself."

"I don't need your help."

"But Liam look at yourself, if it was only me, you would never be like this."

"Did I ask you to tell me your feelings? You know I only love one person and it's not you!"

I sat down again and started drinking again. She came to me and took the glass that was in my hand.

My eyes were glazed over when I looked at her, she showed no emotion but she robbed me of a kiss causing me to push her.

I took her and held her tightly by the arm, "Liam I'm hurting."

"I have a question that I want you to answer correctly and truthfully, do you have anything to do with all of this why did Matthew track my hidden house?"

She didn't answer but he avoided looking at me. "Did you do anything stupid? Tell me!" I shouted

"No, I don't know anything."

"You're a liar, you are the only one who knows all the houses that I have built. Did you conspire with him?"

No, please Liam believe me." She pleads

"Just leave." I pointed to the door.

"Liam I need you."

"But I don't need you, Celeste. Goodbye."