Chapter 2

Wen Li quickly jumped onto the bed and lifted the blanket, crawling inside.

Song Yan watched as a section of the blanket puffed up, patiently waiting for her awkwardness to pass.

After a few minutes, a small corner of the blanket quietly revealed a tiny pointed lotus bud.

She asked in a low voice, "Aren't you still filming? Have you finished shooting?"

"No, I took a leave," Song Yan said.

Wen Li rolled her eyes, "Oh."

Song Yan flicked the edge of a piece of paper with his hand and said, "It seems like the contract hasn't expired yet."

Wen Li lowered her gaze and responded, "Hmm, well, then..."

Since it hadn't expired yet, would you mind accompanying me to participate in a variety show? And help me vent some frustration?

In her dream, she had already prepared a script, but now, in front of Song Yan, she felt unable to bring it up.

There was no emotion in the man's deep eyes as he slowly spoke, "Did the production team of [In This World with You] contact you?"

Wen Li was slightly stunned but nodded, "They did."

Song Yan made a sound of agreement, his tone resembling that of a headmaster asking a question, "How much are they offering you? What did they say about the endorsement from a top brand and the subsequent public relations and marketing?"

Wen Li gave a rough explanation, but she trembled at the thought of revealing her salary.

Are web variety shows really this lucrative now? They're even more generous than prime-time variety shows.

Song Yan affirmed, "They are very sincere."

Wen Li asked him again, "What did they tell you?"

"Something similar," Song Yan added, "I'm quite tempted."

Wen Li looked at him, and her complex expression became even more unpredictable.

Originally, she wasn't planning to take on the show. Having a script would be fine, but the problem was that this variety show didn't actually have a script. At most, they provided some guidelines to create a variety show atmosphere, and the rest relied solely on the guests' improvisation.

When Wen Li was still struggling to make it to the A-list, she appeared on several variety shows and had some unpleasant experiences. Now that she had finally established herself in the industry - unless it was for publicity that couldn't be avoided or an excessively generous offer - she rarely appeared on variety shows.

Moreover, she and Song Yan don't even spend the New Year holidays together. What could they spontaneously create? They were actors, not scriptwriters.

Ever since [In This World with You] opened the voting channel, she and Song Yan had brought a lot of attention to the show. That was one thing. But if she and Song Yan didn't go, the show's popularity would be wasted on their counterparts, Lu Ming and Zheng Xue.

Wen Li was still pondering, not even noticing when Song Yan stood up from the sofa and walked over to sit by the bed.

As the blanket was pulled away, Wen Li realized belatedly and exclaimed in a startled tone, "What are you doing?"

Song Yan leaned in, directly pinching her chin and kissing her.

The refreshing scent of cold spruce on the man entered Wen Li's nostrils. It was the new fragrance launched this year by the brand he endorsed, specifically named after his nickname to exploit his fans.