"Ned!" Betty called, extending her hand towards her boyfriend.

"Yeah. Yeah, babe." Ned replied, glancing once more at Kassidy and Peter before returning to the group.

Kassidy watched the boy return to the group and begin speaking to his girlfriend, and she shook her head in exasperation.

"Did he come over here to stress us out more, or..?" she began, tilting her head in thought.

"Ah, he means well." Peter shrugged, watching the class absentmindedly.

*

30 minutes later, Kassidy and Peter were back in a dark room, Nick Fury barking orders and instructions at them. Peter was staring at the wall, his eyes wide and blank.

"Are we boring you?" Fury asked, snapping Peter out of his trance.

"He's not bored." Beck reasoned, shaking his head. "He's just thinking about how you kidnapped them."

"They had obstacles. I removed them." Fury argued.

Kassidy held back the urge to argue with the man sitting in front of her. He didn't even care about the fact that he was practically ruining one of the only normal moments they got in their lives; he thought he was doing them a favour.

"They still won't evacuate the city." Maria Hill announced, shaking her head.

Fury let out a sigh and shook his head in frustration. "Idiots." he muttered while lifting his head to look at Kassie and Peter. "So, what's the plan?"

"I will be in the cathedral tower, keeping watch for the fire monster." Kassidy began, looking at Peter for reassurance. "While Peter is across the square, on top of one of the buildings."

"When that shows up, we will radio you guys, and then me, Mr. Beck, and Kassidy will-." Peter began to finish the plan, but was cut off by Beck.

"My name is Mysterio." Beck said, giving the kids a knowing smile.

Peter smiled at the man and let out a small chuckle. "That's when me, Mysterio, and Kassie will move in." he finished.

"Kids, listen to me. The best hope you have, the only hope, is to stop it here now, no matter what the cost." Beck told the teens, his voice now stern. "Maneuver it away from civilians if you can, but most important, keep it away from metal. If it gets too big, it'll be able to draw power from the Earth's core."

Kassidy leaned against the wall behind her, her eyebrows pinched in worry and her eyes staring at the floor absentmindedly. This monster they were about to face could mean the end of their world as they knew it. And her friends were going to be smack dab in the middle of the fight.

"Hey man, our friends are here... I can't help but think we're putting them in danger." Peter spoke up, voicing Kassidy's thoughts.

Fury suddenly stood from his seat, his eye full of rage. "You're worried about us hurting your friends? You, who called a drone strike on your own school tour bus?" he critiqued, moving closer to Peter. "Stark gave you a multibillion-dollar A.R. tactical intelligence system, and the first thing you do with it is try and blow up your friends. It's clear to me that you were not ready for this!"

Peter had fallen silent. His jaw was clenched and his eyes tried to look anywhere except the man in front of him. He looked like a wounded puppy, and Kassidy frowned. The girl looked up at Fury, and if looks could kill, the older man would have crumbled to the ground.

"Where do you get off?" she suddenly asked, unable to hold back her anger.

Fury turned around, halfway back to his seat, and stared down Kassidy, obviously trying to intimidate her. The 5'2" girl stood her tallest, not phased in the slightest by the man in front of her.