Chapter 15

Meanwhile Chip, who was still sleeping at the time, dreamt of vivid visions once again.

Except this time, they were much clearer.

And have revealed a lot more than he expected.

With the first set of memories imaged with him and Dale, when they were just little kids at school.

Where their young minds have embraced the long friendship that the two had together.

"We make a good team don't we?" Little Chip said confidently during a project that they have worked on in class.

"Yep. And we'll always be best friends forever." Little Dale replied back with a bright smile on his face.

Before a flash of other memories played out like a film reel that speedily ages all the way up to their adulthood.

Where the two had just got their dream job of being Hollywood stars in the Chip and Dale series.

"No matter what happens, I got your back." Dale said while the two were in Dale's trailer during one of their many off-filming breaks. 

"And you'll have mine as well." Chip said with a soft smile.

Until the memories then suddenly changed forward to when the two had their last conversation after Chip decides not to be a part of the acting industry anymore.

Where Dale had tracked him down to his house and knocked on his door.

"What?" Chip asked rudely while opening the door at the time.

"What happened to you out there? We needed you for the next scene?" Dale asked in concern.

"What did you think happened? I quit." Chip answered, crossing his arms.

"But why though? I'm not leaving the series until after the final season is over." Dale said, confused by his sudden change of attitude.

"Exactly. Why wait, when you can just jump into that little Double Dale role you have always wanted. Might as well get a head start on it when you can." Chip said, rudely.

"Chip, what has gotten into you? All I did was accept an opportunity and you're acting like I'm doing a bad thing." Dale asked, offended.

"Do I really need to explain myself to you? Or did you forget that we promised to do the show together as a team? Have fun with your new job. I hope that it was worth it." Chip said before slamming the door in his face.

Leaving Dale shocked by his last words.

"Chip..." Dale mumbled sadly before leaving his front porch and slowly moved away towards his next job.

Where their lives had turned distant for so many years.

Until the bootleg case showed up and their missing friend had brought the two back together again.

As that period of time sped up before hitting a crucial moment where Chip had come to realize that he had missed him all this time and wanted to tell him how he felt.

"Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you. You mean too much to me." Chip reminded him during one of their stealth encounters with the criminals.

"And you always mean a lot to me too. I don't want us to ever separate again. We can do this. Together." Dale said nodding his head in agreement.