So you're jealous of basketball? (part2)

Start from the beginning

"My sister Brooke. She's a miracle worker when it comes to girls' feelings. Back to what I was saying, Griffin, I like her too, and if you're not gonna hurry up and make your move, then I'm not waiting anymore and I'm taking my chance." Luke said with a shrug. 

"Dude. You know I like her but you also know I can't express my feelings!" Griffin protested. 

"Well then I guess I'm boutta go ask her out." Luke said, walking over. Griffin grabbed him the shoulder, and violently shook his head. 

"I'll do it." Griffin gave in. 

"If you don't confess by the end of the school day, I'm swooping in." Luke warned. Griffin nodded. The two boys parted ways, Luke heading back to the basketball table and Griffin heading back to Harper. 

"Sorry about that." Griffin apologized. Harper waved him off with a smile. 

"What were you guys talking about?" Harper asked warmly. 

"Oh, just a play for the game tonight." Griffin lied. Harper bought it and smiled. 

"Anyways, what were we talking about before you left?" Harper asked. 

"I....don't remember." Griffin chuckled honestly. "But you know what we can talk about now? Who do you like?" 

Harper sighed. 

"How long is it gonna take for you to stop saying that?" Harper asked with a playful eye roll. 

Confess to her. Griffin wanted Harper, not Luke. He went silent, deep in his thoughts. He made his choice. 

"Hello, Griffin? Did you hear me? How long is it gonna take for you to stop saying that?" Harper asked yet again. 

"How ever many times its gonna take for you to say my name." Griffin muttered with a blush, looking down into his lap. 

"What?" Harper asked quietly. 

"You heard me." Griffin mumbled, still not looking up. 

"Who told you?" Harper asked, slightly worried that she was about to suffer a humiliating rejection. 

"Told me what?" Griffin asked, tilting his head in confusion. 

"That I like you?" Harper asked as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Wait....so it is me?" Griffin asked. Harper nodded. 

"I thought we covered this." Harper stated, confused. 

"We most definitely did not!" Griffin laughed. Harper smiled lightly. 

"Well....? Do you....like me too?" Harper stuttered. 

"Now who's stuttering?" Griffin teased. 

"Shut up and answer the question." Harper warned playfully. 

"I don't know, officer." Griffin teased. 

"Officer? What am I, a cop?" Harper laughed. Griffin shrugged, playful demeanor etched into his features. 

"Well, you are interrogating me." Griffin joked. Harper laughed. 

"You are unbelievable." Harper chuckled. 

"Yeah, unbelievably fine." Griffin joked. 

"Don't flatter yourself, Campbell, I didn't say all that." Harper teased. 

"Ouch, Harper, that hurt. Can you pull the knife out of my back, please?" He teased, feigning disappointment. 

"So you want me to call you fine?" Harper asked. 

"No, somehow that'd be worse." Griffin chuckled, answering honestly. 

"Exactly." Harper proved her point. They continued eating their lunches. About five minutes passed and Griffin cleared his throat. 

"Yes." He said. 

"Yes?" Harper asked, confused. 

"Yeah, I do." Griffin smiled. 

"You do what?" Harper asked. She had truthfully forgotten how this entire conversation began. 

"Really, Harp?" Griffin laughed, unsurprised that she had already forgotten. 

"Yes, I'm confused." Harper said. 

"I like you too, locker ninja." Griffin said. His cheeks grew red and and he looked down at his lunch. 

"Really?" Harper asked hopefully. 

"No, I just said that because I felt like it." Griffin said sarcastically. "Of course, Harper, you're literally perfect. Who wouldn't like you?" 

Harper just smiled and looked down. 

"So, will you go out with me, Harper?" Griffin asked. 

"I'd love to go out with you, Griff." She smiled. He returned her smile.