Chapter 2

---1 week later---

I was supposed to go back to school 4 days ago but I haven't. I've packing to go to move where ever.

My mom came into the room on the phone. "thank you so much Shayne." She said. Shayne? Uncle Shayne that I haven't seen since I was 8? That Shayne?

"Chelby." My mom said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I'm not moving." She said. Huh?

"We're not moving?" I asked a little happy actually. I'd rather stay here than be the new girl somewhere else.

"No I'm not moving. You are." She stated.

"What?" I asked obviously confused and frustrated.

"I was just talking to your Uncle Shayne in Texas. He said he'd more than likely take you in. I can't be assured work in the Texas office or anywhere else. I need to stay here." She explained.

"Why uncle Shayne? Why not someone who lives closer like Uncle Jared or Aunt Mary or Uncle David?" I asked really not wanting to be a new kid.. "Id even be happy in North Carolina or Kentucky but Texas? Mom that's so far! I've been there only once and I don't know anyone at all and I hate being the new kid especially without my mom!"

"You know they all have big families. Don't worry kiddo I'm sure Robert will help you out a bit you remember Robert right?"

"Course I remember Robert." When I used to live in Texas we were Best friends he was my favorite cousin and the only one my age. He was two days younger than me so we were extremely close until I moved her when I was 8.

"Well then you'll have fun. He's still the same just.. 16."

"But mom what if he's changed and I have like no friends because he hates me and doesn't wanna help me and like he tells everyone I'm annoying and junk like idk":(

"Stop over thinking! Your flight is in 2 days. Pack a bag with a weeks worth of clothes and I'll send everything in a moving truck when I can." I sighed deeply.

"Mom I don't wanna be the new girl please don't make me go."

"I want what's best for you Chel. You know that." She replied.

"Fine." I huffed. I went down the hall to my room. Me and my mom had a small house with 3 bedrooms 1 bathroom a kitchen and TV room. It was just me and her. Now it was just her. And maybe occasionally her boyfriend.

"Even if Robert hates me maybe Danielle will be cool with me." {{idk if that's his sisters name but idc}}

Even though she's like 14.

I really hope Robert hasn't changed.

--2 days later-- *the airport*

"Flight 221 to Dallas Texas now boarding."

"Mom I really don't wanna go. I don't wanna be the new girl. Please don't make me."

"Chelby stop being such a baby and go!" She said pushing me through the barricade thing.

"THANKS MOM!!" I yelled sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and edge through the tunnel with my backpack as a carry on.

I took my coach seat and opened up the backpack and pulled out my iPod. I hit shuffle and listened to music for the whole 5 1/2 hour plane ride. My flight had left at 6am so I got there at about 10:30am. Well it's 11:30 in Pound where I'm from but there's a 1 hour time difference.

"Please fasten your seatbelts as we take a landing in Dallas, Texas. Thank you for choosing American Airlines and I hope you enjoy your stay in Texas, or welcome home." The nice flight attendant said.

I buckled my seatbelt and waited patiently for us to smoothly land and in a minimum of 5 minutes we had.

I grabbed my backpack and hopped off the plane looking around for my Aunt Susan. Once I found her I ran and got my dark blue suitcase and walked to her giving her a big hug then following her to her car.

As we got in the car to drive to San Antonio I got more and more scared.

What if Robert has changed?