Fell in a Concrete Jungle.

Start from the beginning

"My mom gifted me the key on my twentieth birthday" the tears burned my eyes, "I'll be a minute you guys look around" I said heading back to my main apartment feeling the emotions hit me as I stepped into my room wiping my eyes.

Familiar body heat behind me as an arm wrapping around me pulling me into their chest, soft lips on my temple as I breathed in his cologne. "I had the key here this whole time. . . Mom gave me that on my twentieth birthday as my gift, she trusted me with it" looking up at him, Nicholas wiped away a tear with his thumb.

"Your mother knew what she was doing, she knew who you would become and I bet she is watching you with the biggest grin on her face, because of you Gemma her movement isn't dead" his words warmed my heart as I smiled softly up at him.

We both began leaning in feeling butterflies flow in my stomach, it was hard to keep my hands off of him. Inches apart, eyes closed Nicholas and I nearly had our lips sealed when a sigh sounded at the door before a throat clearing, jumping we turned to see Noah—his brown eyes filled with what could only be anger. "You two have to be fucking kidding me" he seethed looking at us.

Furrowing my brows, I looked at Nicholas, "Noah. . . I" Nicholas stopped when Noah raised his hand.

"Not only did you break contract with Frank about this, but you also broke a rule. We will be discussing this later; we have a job to finish and until then you two are staying close by myself or the others." A contract?

Looking at Nick in disbelief his eyes showed he was upset, but seeing my reaction his eyes softened as he opened his mouth, before he could say something though I left going to where the others sat around my mother's old computer. Jolly had a USB in the computer as he groaned. "Do you know the password?" shaking my head he groaned more, "this lady was so fucking smart, and it could take me years to break into this system."

"Okay well it must be something she used everyday; she was a mother—she didn't have time to remember something huge either." Helen said trying one password, cursing when it said they only had three attempts left.

Noah chewed his lip, "try Omens, she is the one who started us after all?" hearing the error thing I looked at them trying to think of what my mother used. "Did your mother ever repeat stuff to you Gemma?" Noah looked over at me.

Thinking for a moment, I looked over at Jolly. "Moon, my mother called me moon—Nyx, Selene they're all in my name and my mothers name was Luna, try moon" I blurted not even thinking of it fully.

Jolly breathed. "It worked!" we all smiled as we huddled around him, he began moving everything she had as a file onto this USB stick he had. "As much as I want to stay here and skim over these files looking for what we need, something tells me we don't have the time." The feeling was still lingering in the air from earlier.

Hearing my father's men down the hall, we all looked at one another. "Is it done?" I asked Jolly, he nodded as I pulled the USB out sliding it into my pocket of my coat I held onto. "We need to go" I said as we headed out of the office, closing the door behind us.
Getting into the main area of my apartment, we stopped as my father stood there with a few of his men, a grin on his face. "Dad, hi" I said trying to calm my racing heart.

"Hi there Gemma, Pat told me you were around, with all the Omens boys" he didn't seem happy at them all here.

"Ugh yeah, I made them dinner. . ." he looked at me, "what's going on?" I asked noting how all his men had their hands on their weapons.

"I think it's best you tell me what is happening, we got word that movement was heard in your mother's office. . . So, you found a way in?"

My dinner wanted to come out. He knew. "I don't know what you're talking about dad" I said stepping around his men, only when the others went to follow weapons were raised. "Okay! Okay, calm down!" I said raising my hands as I looked at the guys.

Part of me didn't know what they wanted to expose, but if my father got hold of this USB we would never know. Helen was afraid on her face as Noah gripped her arm before sliding her closer to Jolly. "You don't talk to my group like that, Frank" the calm in his voice had me worried. "You want to talk, we talk—leader to leader" he stood in front of my father who wasn't much shorter then Noah.

My dad nodded, "Noah—" I wanted to say.

"Get Helen out of her, that is an order." We all looked at him, his eyes not once leaving my fathers. Jolly grabbed Helen who protested but didn't win against Jolly who needed to get her out of here.

Nicholas stood beside me, I didn't move, couldn't move. "You knew, this whole time you knew" I said looking at my dad.

His snort made my skin crawl. "I always know what is happening in my city, Gemma. I am so disappointed that they would convince you to join them—now, hand over what ever you discovered, and we can call it a day."

"Fuck. You."

"Very well" my dad lifted his hand and before we could do anything weapons were turned towards us.

"Time to go" Nicholas pulled my arm as a gun fired. Crying out I looked at my arm to see a bullet had grazed it, "go, go, go!" Nicholas yelled as he led us down the compound steps—the car had it's tires slashed, and Jolly had gotten out with Nick and Helen in the other one. "We need to go!" he yelled over gunfire—I looked back knowing Noah was in a battle with them.

We ran, and ran, and ran until our lungs felt like they were on fire. We made it to the bridge, the freezing water below us rushing. "We have to go back!" I yelled knowing Noah needed us, did my father kill him?

"Gemma, Gemma looks at me!" he yelled as I looked at him. "Your arm" he saw the blood as it dripped down me.

I was fired it; my father didn't care about me—he cared about what I carried, and he would have gotten it from me dead or alive. "I'm okay, it was a graze" but it felt like my whole arm was on fire and moving it too much made me wince. "It's a bit sore but I'll live" he looked at my arm, "stitches?"

"Yeah a few by the looks of it" we stopped when headlights turned on from the other side of the bridge. Hearing gunfire, Nick and I split up but me being not used to these conditions. An explosion near my fathers compound had this bridge shaking and I couldn't help it. I slipped as I went over the side of the bridge grabbing onto the cement as it bit into my fingers—crying out as the pain in my arm became excoriating. "Gemma!" Nicholas hollered climbing over the side of the bridge, grabbing his hand he held out I knew he was struggling from the balance he had holding on to make sure he didn't fall himself. "Hold on Nyx!" he said, teeth gritted.

Hearing more gun fire coming this way I knew if he didn't get out of here he would be shot on the spot by my father. "You need to let me go, Nick" his eyes widened.

He shook his head, "no, no I am not letting you go you need to hold on, we can get through this you and I." he was worried, his voice was rushed but his teeth still gritted as he tried to pull me up but not getting far.

More gunfire. He needed to go. "Nicholas!" he looked down at me, "you need to go, you need to get out of here before they kill you. If you die, then I don't know what will happen, but you need to go!" I slid my bloodied hand into my pocket before reaching my arm up sliding the USB into Nick's hand as I held his wrist. "Go, Nick, go and take the bastard down" I begged looking at his blue eyes.

Feeling my grip slip from the blood on me, I let go of him knowing the USB was safe with him.
Hearing his scream as my body collided with the water, I couldn't help but let out a scream as the water pierced my skin—the coldness and darkness being the last thing I remember before I was dragged under.

~Nicholas's POV: ~

The scream that erupted from me had my throat feeling raw as I watched Gemma's body hit the water. Debating on diving in, I knew the water was too cold and I would be out before I could even find her from the temperature being too cold. Feeling the USB in my hand I glanced down at the small device as I slid it into my jeans pocket—snapping out of it long enough as gun fire was getting closer. The headlights that were on, for what ever reason or by luck weren't her dads and by the sounds of it, the car was abandoned when the guns went off.
Getting to the other side of the bridge, I kept moving hearing the guns going off. Noah was gone, Gemma was gone Frank took them both from me.

Stumbling into the compound, the others were rushing already getting their items together as they looked at me. Helen had tears streaking her face. "Th-there gone, I couldn't" wiping my face I forgot about Gemma's blood on me as I looked at my hand wide eyed.

"No time for this, we need to move now" Jolly was the calm one in this, if calm was the right word. He would snap into protector mode.

I don't even know how we got there, how we got to the compound that was underneath the city near the outskirts of it. Luna had this built in case she ever needed to take Gemma into hiding, or if things got too ugly. Sitting down on the sofa in the underground compound, Helen sat with me both of us in shocked silence. "Nicholas, Gemma had the USB" she said softly as if she was scared it went down with her.

Nodding, I dug it out of my pocket cringing at the sight of blood on it. Usually blood never bothered me, but it was Gemma's and that bothered me a lot. "I got it. . . She slipped it into my hand before letting go" when she went down into that water, it felt like I lost everything all over again.
She was my moon, my light in this darkness. 

_____________________________________________
Dun-dun-duuuuun. 

Good news, there will be a sequel so keep your eyes out for that ;)