༘⋆ 005 :

"Did you carve this hole yourself?" I had said softly, moving my head to look towards Jax, it was very dimly litted inside the hole, I could barely make out his yellow eyes and teeth.

I had been thankful of our predicament, being in a virtual world where our normal bodily functions could not bother us here, if this were in the real world we both would have probably suffocated . . .

"Hush up, won't you . . . ? . . . I did. It's to hide from that &/#* thing!" he aggressively said, growling underneath his breath agitatedly,

"I get your damage. How long do you reckon we'll have to wait more?"

"Well, as far as my experience, Gangle will take forever to find us as she SUCKS at hide-and-seek . . . Now, Kinger, he's a great player when it comes to seeking. He just doesn't care and he knows the place like the back of his floating palm!"

"That's . . . something. Fifteen minutes like this for three more rounds is absurd . . . That's sixty minutes all four rounds! A whole hour! How absurd, absurd, absurd!" I had retorted in thought, Jax had shifted,

"Don't worry . . . there aren't worse 'adventures' like this . . ." Jax softly said, his voice had a subtle little break during his talk, something that had seemed odd to me as he didn't seem to be the type to talk with such emotion embedded in his vocals.

"I want this to be over soon, I hate small spaces like these . . ." the growing sound of hissing had sounded once more, loud and droning. I had scrunched my legs a bit more than it had been, holding them by the knees.

A timer had ticked of some sort, a countdown.

TING.

TING.

TING.

Over! It's over for the first time around! It hadn't been so bad, I had been given luck!

"Oh, thank the heavens! Have my prayers been heard!" I spoke in glee, moving slowly to jiggle my body out from the hole and push the broken cupboard forth,

"Don't get all excited . . . We still have three more rounds." I had sighed standing before the hole where he had sat bent, halfway out, I had leaned to him with my hands holding my hips like a mother scolding a child.

"Have you ever heard of mind your own business?"

"Seems you hadn't, look where you crawled into." he had grinned wildly wide, looking behind him to motion the hole he sat in. I had made no sound nor said a thing, turning away as I had attempted to make a step only to be pulled from where I stood.

Again we all have appeared where we had all been gathered prior. I had regained my composure, hearing a thud as I turned to see Jax had fell onto his bum.

"I've forgotten about the teleporting after a game . . ." he groaned lowly, standing up begrudgingly.

"Wow, Y/N. You survived, huh? Not bad for your first time on this hell-scoped game." Ragatha nervously commented with her hands holding another in habit. I had smiled pleased,

"I tried."

I had observed the situation at hand beside, behind and before me. Everyone had seemed intact, except, a missing Zooble. Everyone else had seemingly survived, Gangle stood in front of us all, shaking nervously. Bubble had appeared from thin air, chomping their sharp teeth up and down,

"Alright! What a fright, huh, quite? Well, do not worry! There's more to come of hide-and-seek! A round two. Gangle, who will you choose for the seeker of two, two, two!" they spoke, closing their eyes as they leaned into Gangle who whimpered quietly,

"I . . . I guess . . . I'll go with . . . Pomni." she timidly said, shaking. I had felt my eyes move to stare at Pomni, she had seemed a bit relieved. I guessed she'd been via the idea of the game, being immune from it.

A few low groans had followed, I had looked to see Jax's yellow teeth pulled into a deep frown.

"Alright, everyone! You know the rules! Count to fifteen, fifteen on the clock! Avoid it!" We had been transmitted at the front of the hallway once more.

"This is getting ridiculous. It's only the second round and I'm fed up!" I said lowly, waiting for us to begin.

"Whatever, checker-face. Better get used to it!" Jax spoke smugly, his hands behind his head as he waited. I had scoffed, watching the timer for fifteen minutes appear above us, the sound of hissing already making it's way towards the hall.

I had panicked, seeing the little numbers tick away above me as I held my head in a silent plea, seeing the reat of my peers had gone.

There wasn't much coverage in the hallways except for the broken cupboard and ofcourse the rooms to our living quarters and, ofcourse, we could theoretically hide anywhere. Had I been able to think rationall, I'd win. But with such a time given and the unseen creature that had taunted us all, it had been difficult.

I had let my arms fall to my side from my head, trudging down the hall in a quick pace as I had thought:

A room would be an easy hiding spot. Uncreative, yes, but very common. Pomni would easily find me. When I had thought of hiding in my own room, I hadn't taken the account of other rooms too. And at the first round, I hadn't known if it could seek as well.

I still hadn't known. Say I had hid in a room and it had barged open the door? I had shook my head with a focusing notion, turning my head as I had bit the bullet to search for a room with a good-enough coverage for my expense.

The hissing had gotten scarcely louder, at some points it had stopped and at some, gotten louder.

I had ran quickly, opening some doors to see the contents before shutting with a haste at those who gave a displeasing outcome. I had hesitantly twisted the knob of Jax's room, seeing an ugly pile of mess in the corner of his room. I had grimaced, stalling as I had forgotten of my situation at the sight. The hissing ensued, louder than ever, this had made my posture stiffen as my hairs had felt like rising.

I had nevermindedly lunged myself inside the room of mess, tucking myself  willingly inside the mass of mess.