Chapter 2

Aries's POV

 Aries's POV

My heart begins to pound in my chest, blood rushes through my veins and I start to sweat. My hands feel numb. 

I can't take my eyes off Burgundy and fuck did she look gorgeous. Her cabernet curls, those peach lips, the little tint of blush around her cheeks, it's still all there right in front of me. She isn't someone to put on much makeup but man, did I love that about her.

 I just want to throw her on Keith's table and bash my wood against her. I look to my left and notice Summer. Her blonde hair is long unlike when we were back in school and she looks pretty decked up herself. I didn't think I would ever cross paths with them again after high school.

An awkward silence fills the room and we unknowingly keep staring at each other. The silence is soon broken by Mrs. Keith.

"Ms. Boyd and Mr. Baxendale, could you both please enlighten me on why your kids, mind my language," she pauses and then continues, "try to kill each other all the time? This school has a zero-tolerance policy on any acts that can cause physical harm. Also, I am sure you know this, considering the fact that all three of you were once students here yourselves."

I hear Burgundy whisper under her breath, "Teachers, jesus."

"I heard that." Summer elbows Burgundy's side. A low chuckle slips from my throat only to see Mrs. Keith's eyes blazing with fury.

"DO YOU THINK THIS IS A JOKE MR. BAXENDALE? I'M TIRED OF CALLING IN GENEVIEVE AND DOROTHEA AGAIN AND AGAIN."

What the fuck?

"What do you mean again?" I ask.

"This might be the first time for you Mr. Baxendale but these two lovely ladies, especially Ms. Boyd, are visiting for the fiftieth time this semester."

"This is the first time I've heard any complaint like this regarding Abigail." I say.

Burgundy raises her eyebrow.

"Well sir, if she associates with those two kids, she will be coming in every other day."

"I'm sorry Mrs. Feet but I won't, if you cannot handle a few six year olds, you shouldn't be sitting on that chair."

Mrs Keith looks quite taken aback and lets out a scuff of disbelief.

Another laugh slowly sweeps out of Burgundy. Even after all these years she is still full of mischief. I had become well aware of that when we had hooked up right on this table years ago.

"FOR THE LAST TIME MS. BOYD, THIS IS NOT A JOKE. Miss, you need to immediately start guiding your children in the right direction."

"And you lady, should start going in the direction of retirement." Burgundy claps back.